Chapter 19: Cole?

No One's POV:

Cole groggily wakes up from his hardened sleep with an aching head and sore back. He had slept on the couch after a heated argument against Tabitha. She had given him a pillow and blanket before pushing him out of the room. He ended up sleeping in the Study on the couch.

"Dad?" The voice of Max causes Cole to jolt up in shock, instantly waking himself up. "What are you doing in here?"

Cole groans as he stands up, cracking his stiff back in the process due to the uncomfortable sleep he had. It wasn't due to the furniture that was naturally comfortable, but the words that were clashed against his wife. She was being stubborn and wouldn't let him have a say on anything after what happened last night. Finally regaining his vision, the King sees Max and Lee worriedly gazing at him.

Max repeats his question.

"Your mom and I had an argument last night so she didn't want me sleeping with her." Cole admits with a frustrated sigh. "I assume you guys already heard about what happened last night." Max and Lee nod their head with regret. "Yeah, not so good news."

"What's going to happen to Walter?" Lee nervously asks the King. "Is Tabitha really gonna take his powers away? Is that possible?"

Cole nods his head. "Oh it's possible alright; trust me. I have some experience with getting my powers taken away plenty of times. Unfortunately, Tabitha has taken away people's powers before and I'm afraid that it might hurt her this time with the baby on the way." He says with a frown. "The spell to remove a vampire's abilities is very difficult to do. Even with someone as strong as her, she's not going to perform it without some sort of difficulty."

Max grimaces at the information, fully knowing about the process of de-vamping a person. He had accidentally bitten a poor stable boy when his parents given him his powers, which drove him into a crazy blood lust madness. It was scary to watch but he had to make sure that the boy was alright after what he had done.

However, last night, before Max went to bed he decided to go to the camera room and check if the castle was clear of any threats. Checking it proved that there was. Noah had managed to sneak in and go into his parents' room, Walter following behind him. Walter left the room first with him Pikka and Cubo, who surprisingly were with him, but Noah hadn't come out, probably disappearing through the window in the room. The cameras then showcased Walter taking Pikka and Cubo to their room, and soon leaving them. He ran into the King and Queen while on his way to the ballroom. The man eventually makes his way to Phillippio where the two waltz for a bit, until Walter stabs them in them chest and cries in their arms.

Max tells his father what he had seen which seemed to spark some hope in the King. Cole soon begins to think of a plan to help Walter before he was exiled, and hopefully save him from having his powers stricken from him. However, it might be for the best if he did get them taken away from him. Walter had sucked an immortal being's blood and from the looks of what their bodily fluids looked like, it didn't look natural. There was no saving his fate of being exiled, but, perhaps, a way to trick the kingdom into thinking he left.

Turning to Lee, Cole finally comes up with a plan.

"Lee, you said you have the power of morphing, right?" He ask the small elf with a spark of hope. Lee nods their head. "Oh this is great! Thank goodness. I'm gonna need you to use that power for something really important." Cole tells her, gently grabbing onto her shoulders, kneeling down to her height in the process since he was way taller than her. "After the ceremony I need you to turn into Walter so we can sneak him out of here, so we can keep him in the Dimenscape and help him out. He's going to be sent back to the First World but with you replacing him, then he stays. Taking his place means you might get sent there, however, I'm going to have Max come and pick you up. I just need you to wait at abandoned barn in the woods of Verna Hill, understood."