Chapter 23: Reunion

No One's POV:

As Tabitha, Walter, Cole, and Lila made their ways through the crystal caverns under the castle, she couldn't help but feel sick to her stomach with all that had happened. First her kingdom gets taken over, then she let her lifelong secret out, and now she was walking practically side by side with one of the biggest enemies she's ever had.

The group didn't necessarily talk but they weren't silent either as they made their ways through the cavern. A simple groan or wince would be heard coming from Tabitha once in a blue moon, trying her best to keep up with the others yet carrying the baby proved to be more, and more difficult with each passing day. Cole attempts to help his wife, however, Tabitha wanted to do things on her own instead of having him help her all the time.

"Honey, you're exhausted," Cole remarks with a worried glance back at the others. The two were farther ahead waiting for the two vampires to reach up to them. "Let me just carry you the rest of the way."

"I got this Cole, I promise." Tabitha says with a fake smile, stepping over a colorful diamond that was jutting out of the ground. "Besides, it shouldn't be long until the baby's out of me and I can do things without any problems."

Cole lightly holds onto his wife's hand as she made it pass the shiny rock. "That's what worries me, Tab. You've been carrying them for such a long time that they might appear at any moment." He tells her, nervous looking down at her belly. "And with our situation right now, I'm afraid that we won't be able to give them a good enough welcome."

Walter hears this and quickly hurries over to his friend with support. "Don't worry Cole, Tabitha's handled this before, she can handle one more. And if you want my opinion on after that baby's out, and about; get those tubes tied." He admits with a precarious laugh when seeing the ex-Queen's stony face. "Or maybe just be careful next time?"

"Thanks." Tabitha grumbles, brushing pass him with an unhappy march in her step. She sees Lila curiously watching them and growls grumpily. "Keep walking bitch. We still need to get to that valley."

"Yes ma'am." Lila nods quietly with a sad yet obedient guise, which still shocked the others at her sudden change in heart.

She had told them that she was fearful of Noah's strange change in behavior: angry rants towards the clones and henchmen, his terrible sleep schedule, and even arguments with her towards running the kingdom. It scared her so she ran away. Realizing that all this power wasn't intentionally what she wanted, Lila decided to free the true rulers of the Dimenscape and help take down her husband.

Yet Tabitha wasn't buying any of her lies. Once a liar always a liar. It wasn't fair to the Queen after years of their dangerous torment and major threats, that suddenly one of her most wanted enemies had a change in heart at the last second. She wanted to believe there was good in everyone but for Lila, there was no option in being good in nature, just pure evil.

So, for now, Tabitha made sure to keep an eye on her until she truly proved that she was really good.

The four of them eventually make their way out of the cavern and into the wide-open spaces of Pleasure Valley. A wide range of land secured by Tabitha's protection spell that she had casted many years ago. Although it appeared to be filled with many citizens, enemies were unable to see it, unless they had no intentions on hurting anyone inside.

Many citizens of the village who had escaped were living in tents, eating from the homemade mess hall close to the center of the camp. There Tabitha, Cole, and Walter find their children helping others reunite with their parents to those who hadn't seen their children for almost a month of separation. The happy cheers of both parents and children as they were brought together once again filled the two rulers with an immense joy that couldn't be stopped.