Chapter 18: "I love you..."

No One's POV:

As Walter made his way down the hall, he couldn't stop thinking about the serious situation that occurred to him last night. Cubo was now asleep in his bed with Pikka protecting him, and it took Walter a long time to leave before realizing that he was safe, and sound. Now he made his way to his room, wondering what to do.

As he did, he bumps into Cole and Tabitha, who are happily talking to each other like they were young teens once again.

"Walter!" Cole exclaims with a shocked grin. "Where have you been? I didn't see you at the party at all."

I can't tell him. Walter tells himself. They can't know anything.

Tabitha notices his hesitation, asking if he was alright. Walter calmly responds that one of his kids had gotten sick, and he had to take care of them.

"Aww, I hope they're okay." Tabitha pouts sympathetically. "Is there anything we can do to help?" She offers to give them medication or use a spell to help, but Walter turns her offer down, politely of course. "Well, I hope they feel better."

Cole nods his head. "See you tomorrow, Walt?"

Walter smirks.

"Okay." The king's friendly smile turns into a mischievous grin when turning to his wife. "Come here, beautiful." He grabs hold of Tabitha and picks her up over his shoulder, which makes her laugh hysterically as they leave Walter by himself.

Once again, he was alone.

If you don't do the job, I'll send one of my clones to kill your kids. The constant voice of Noah rung in Walter's head like a bell in an abandoned church. It was all he could think about. The never-ending loop of the possibilities of either choice he could make was replaying in his mind, not helping Walter think of a solution. There was no way he could tell the others for help, because any one of Noah's duplicates could be watching his every move.

If he did go through with it then he'd be treated like a traitor by his friends, and most likely banished from the Dimenscape. However, if he did commit the horrifying crime, his kids would be killed and maybe he would too. Noah was expecting a result by the end of the day where he would soon go through with his plan; either result of Walter's commitment wouldn't matter to continuing the mad doctor's evil schemes.

In Walter's pocket lay the Blade of Fate, comfortably encased in a small sheath so the sharp metal wouldn't poke at his skin. Noah had given it to him after before disappearing into the darkness, caused by a mysterious black portal that morphed behind him. He had left Walter, Pikka, and Cubo alone in the room, afraid of what would happen next prior to running out of there and to the nearest safe space they could think of; Pikka's room.

Now Walter is strolling down the halls to the ballroom to clear his mind. As he does so, he passes by many of the queen's family, who wish him a fair night's sleep and he does the same, watching them all leave. All except one.

Phillippio.

They gorgeously stood alone by the tall windows as if searching for something or someone. Walter saunters down the stairs as graciously as he could without having himself look like a fool, but that proved difficult as he slipped on the last step and fell on his butt. This catches the attention of Phillippio who quickly turns around to find Walter on the floor from the fall. They snicker at this and walk over to the clumsy man, soon helping him up on their feet.

"Hello Walter." Phillippio greets their friend with a kind smile- a loving smile- on their face. "I didn't see you at all tonight. I was hoping you'd ask me to dance with you. Is everything alright?"