Chapter 20: Alondra

No One's POV:

"You won't get away with this!" Lee shouts. She held onto Max— now passed out due to Clint's harsh punch to the stomach that caused him to hit a tree— as the two spies towered over them. "Tabitha will stop you!" The elf tries her best to hold onto Max with all her strength, but Laika manages to grab hold of the kid, and pull him away from her.

"Can I kill him?" Laika asks her partner with some sort of unbridled blood lust in her eyes. "Please, I need to blow off some steam."

"No, I'm not letting you kill the little guy." Clint says, looking at Max sympathetically while gently grabbing the kid away from the weasel. "Noah said to keep him alive and I don't like the thought of my girlfriend killing a child." He turns his head back to Lee. Laika growls at his pity. "Get up. We have tie you up and I don't have the patience to fight anymore. Just do as we say, and you'll live. Please."

Lee, although she knew it felt wrong, complied to his orders. She stands back up, lifting her hands up in defeat.

"Search her for weapons." Clint huffs. "I don't want her catching us off guard."

Laika begrudgingly nods her head prior to doing what she was told, finding the knife Lee always had in her boot. She takes the sharp blade from the elf so she couldn't use it against them, and places it into her own pocket for safe keeping. The weasel lady then ties up in the rope they had brought with them, and just like Clint said, he let Lee live.

Taking a walkie talkie out of his pocket, Clint alerts his leader that their mission was complete, and they were ready to return. A couple minutes pass by and a dark portal appears by the peculiar group. Clint, still holding onto an unconscious Max, brings the child through the portal while Laika angrily pushes Lee into it. The portal disappears as quickly as it had appeared once they were inside.

On the other side of the magical doorway the four find themselves in what looked like an abandoned warehouse, where the large canister of mutagen was still illuminating the room without the help of any lights, and many villainous henchmen fearfully staring straight at the monstrous mutants.

From the shadows of the warehouse Lee finally spots the heinous woman helping Noah out for the first time ever, since arriving to the Dimenscape.

Lila Rossi.

Her hair was now in a way shorter length than the realms' heroes had last seen. Although her default mercenary outfit was still being worn as usual.

She stood by a table full of papers and surrounding her were her notorious clones of the King and his friends; Leo, Adrien, Izuku, and Varian. Their devilish looks gave Lee that sent shivers down her spine, their fear a vicious enemy.

Max groans in a pained tone yet not fully waking up as the three of them finally stop walking. This catches the attention of Leo, whose head turns a full 180°, and catches sight of Clint and Laika with their new prisoners.

"Oh damn! Mom, mom, mom!" Leo snaps his head back to normal and begins to pat Lila shoulder vigorously to gain her attention. "Look, look, look! Clint and Laika have Max! And some elf girl?" He says the last part with some slight confusion, not knowing who Lee was. "Who are you?"

Lila spun around to gaze at the prisoners, grinning from ear to ear at her minions' success. "Well, well, well... looks like your upgrade has proven to be successful in this mission." She says with a mocking smirk that sons fade away when seeing the unconscious Prince. "Put them in the cages."

The two spies grunt in approval before taking Lee and Max to their separate, small enclosures that placed right next to them. Both were made of Vengestone so there was no way that they were getting out any time soon. Once they were put inside of them, they both lost their powers.