Ch. 6 Concern

Drift's P.O.V.
Crosshairs left to make breakfast, hoping Jamie will eat, while I sit with Jamie on the couch. I hate knowing that she's unhappy.
I move her into my lap and hug her.
My phone is going off with messages from ten of the Autobots and four of our human friends. Wonder how many times Crosshairs has had to explain that Jamie is ok? The problem is ok means she didn't hurt herself, and I want ok to mean she's happy. 

Jamie wants to eat what Crosshairs made for breakfast. It's bad that I can't remember the last time she ate breakfast, and it's hard not to force her to eat, and I don't think that's right.
However, we can't let her stay in our room until we leave later. 
Unfortunately, we can't get her to go play video games with Lily and Sideswipe, even in the twins' room. She doesn't want them coming to our room either, which is not good.

Optimus Prime's P.O.V.
Crosshairs texts me, Ratchet, and Rung about Jamie's lack of interest in playing video games with Lily and Sideswipe. Even if the two went in Crosshairs and Drift's room.
She wants to be left mostly alone, except for her guardians being with her.

Ratchet and I ask Rung to come to Ratchet's office. Hoping he can help us figure something out to help Jamie.
"I believe forcing Jamie to do anything will not be good, but neither is this," Rung sighs.
"It's unusual she wants to hide from everyone," Ratchet points out.
"Because she never got rude comments like that," I remind him, "I worry she thinks here is going to be like at home."
"This gets scary as time goes by," Ratchet worries, likely remembering what happened during our vacation in December.
"And to think how Crosshairs and Drift feel," Rung adds.
It's hard to know what to do.

Cade walks by as I leave the medbay. The way he stops in his tracks and looks at me concerns me.
"What troubles you, Cade?"
"Is Jamie in there?" He asks, concerned.
"No, why?"
Cade insists we go to my office first.

"I... Vivian accidentally told me that Jamie wants to sign a DNR. I know she was told by Crosshairs or Drift, and we know not everyone is to know this. I just remember that damn nightmare situation six years ago. Now, knowing I could be told to let her die..."
"I know it's terrifying."

Cade's P.O.V.
As I talk to Optimus about the situation, I realize this is harder on him. He's known Jamie for a lot longer and feels like she's his adopted daughter.
"I'm sorry, sir. I spoke out of line."
I try to leave, but Optimus stops me.
"No, it's wise for you to talk abou this."
"To someone else like Rung."
"No, it's good you told me about this concern. I just wish we could help Jamie."
We know this vacation won't do much, but hopefully, it'll help Jamie a little.

"Why is Lennox and Optimus letting mentally unstable soldiers in N.E.S.T.?" I hear a soldier.
"He's letting Sunstreaker fight alongside him for centuries. Unstable soldiers must be all he can find."
I'm not a soldier, but I don't think I'll do anything but let them think they're right if I fight them. I keep walking toward the stairs.

".. I don't know," I hear Crosshairs.
Lightning and Lily stand in the hallway by Crosshairs' and Drift's room.
"Come on," Lightning tells Lily, "she could be ok in a bit."
Lily sighs, "that's the problem; she could be."
She goes with Lightning down the hall.
This can't be good. Crosshairs walks out of the room, closing the door behind him, sighing in frustration. I hate there's nothing I can do. I feel like Vivian and I can get everything Jamie likes, but it won't be enough to make her happy.
"Cade?" Crosshairs gets my attention.
"Nevermind."
I didn't think he'd stop me.
"Who told you?"
"Vivian, but only me and Cogman. It's just scary after what we went through...."
"That scumbag soldier didn't help things either! Jamie doesn't want to bother with anyone now. Not even friends she trusts. I know this seems ridiculous, but —."
"No, it's not. I don't know what she's been dealing with for the past six months, but What that soldier said is what she's been dealing with. I hate to say it, but now she's questioning if this is a safe place."
I regret not knowing what to say to help Jamie. I change the subject to figure out the plan for the trip, then if I can get lunch for the three. Crosshairs figured I was looking to stop at Panera Bread. I know this won't make Jamie happy, but she'll like it.

Sunstreaker's P.O.V.
No one has asked me where Jonathan is or accused me of killing him, not even Sideswipe. I doubt it's only because everyone is concerned about Jamie. I was right to kill the scumbag. How many more times would he have hurt Jamie? How long before he decided to go after Jasmine or Lily?
Sunstreaker: what's the plan?
Drift: I don't know...
Sunstreaker: I think a vacation is a good idea. Even if what happened yesterday didn't happen.
Drift: I'm so tired of being unable to make her happy and watch her hurt.
I don't know what to say. Everyone hates this, but Drift's idea of not making Jamie happy is a little different. 

I catch Crosshairs and Drift walking down the hall at seven. Drift carries Jamie. It's troubling that they couldn't get her to do anything out of the room. This is terrifying. What has she been thinking?  
I follow them downstairs, but before I get to the hangar, I hear soldiers making rude comments about Jamie. I doubt she wants to see me before they leave, and I now have more important things to do after Crosshairs and Drift leave. Three more dead soldiers tonight.