Ch. 19 Disappointing Turn of Events

Drift's P.O.V.
I scan the monitor chip when I wake up, worried, but Jamie is ok. Crosshairs hugs me from behind.
"I didn't want to worry you."
"I never stop worrying about her."
Crosshairs turns me around, so I look at him, "I know, neither do I, but if I knew you'd worry, and if I'm right...."
The others will not like this, but we will not tell them. Watching Jamie go through a flare-up is hard enough, even if it's not a severe one. 

A few of the others are in the kitchen already. Lily included, who immediately worries.
"Will you stop?!" Sunstreaker scolds.
"You stop!" Ironhide snaps, "but he's right, Lily. You can't contently worry about Jamie. I know it's hard not to. They know if Jamie will be ok without them."

Three hours pass, and Jamie isn't up. I'd think she'd be up early, considering her nap yesterday. Even Crosshairs is worried. Not wasting time getting the supplies from the capsule when we return to our room. I was hoping to tell him never mind.
"Level three," I tell him.
"Mild, but on vacation," Crosshairs sighs, "we need a portable blood analyzer."
"That will do nothing," I sigh, "now we have to tell the others. Gee, can this trip get any worse?"
Tears form in my eyes. Crosshairs hugs me.
"She'll be ok."

The others hate hearing that Jamie is dealing with a flare-up.
"I told you something was wrong!" Lily scolds Sunstreaker.
"She's right, even if no one can tell if Jamie will deal with a flare-up. Lily worries about Jamie's mental struggle," I explain before Sunstreaker yells at her, "Jamie will be ok, and she rarely declines with this level."
"This vacation is now ruined," Sideswipe sulks.
Even though Jamie hasn't been in the mood to do anything with anyone since we got here.
We let our friends see Jamie. Lily has seen this before, but I still explain things to her.
"Still sucks that this is happening on vacation again," Sideswipe complains.

Everyone but Sunstreaker leaves the room though we don't mind if they want to stay.
"How likely was this brought on by stress?" Sunstreaker asks, "I know; it makes little sense because there was no way Jamie wasn't stressed while trying to hide us from Cemetery Wind."
"Unless other stress is the cause, but there's no way to know," Crosshairs explains, "unless we see an increase in flare-ups, and we'd all rather not see that."

Cade's P.O.V.
Crosshairs looking for me is unusual. I try not to worry, but it's impossible. He tells me what I was hoping wouldn't happen is happening, even if it's mild. He wants me to see Jamie though I don't think that'll help.

Even though I know it's rare for a mild flare-up to get worse, I don't feel better seeing Jamie getting oxygen via a venturi mask. Even if it's 30%, I don't feel better. Even though Bulma and Ratchet have been researching for years to clear out the chemical, I wish I could help.
"You have been helping," Drift says. I didn't think I was showing how I feel like I do nothing, "I know it's hard watching Jamie struggle mentally. Even if severe flare-ups are rare."
"We now have three places to take her aside from the base," Crosshairs adds, "which we should take advantage of. I don't know how much it'll help her, but it's better than at home."
Drift nods in agreement.
If I feel this way, then how do they feel?
They let me stay, moving the desk chair by the bed. Soon Lily walks in.

Lily's P.O.V.
I walk into the room, remembering the night I saw Jamie in the medbay. It's almost the same as that night. The only difference is we're not in the medbay, and I didn't see Sunstreaker rushing to get Jamie help.
The terror twins walk in and stand next to me.
"She'll be ok," Drift assures me, "this is not a bad one."
Still, she'll be out for a week. This vacation is going to suck for a while. Even if Jamie was struggling mentally, she didn't want to do anything the past couple of days.
"Come on; I'll check her in a few hours," Drift says and takes my hand. The others follow us downstairs.

Drift takes me to the theater room and puts the T.V. on. It's odd seeing him this calm. How many times has he watched Jamie go through this? Still, knowing this can get worse, I can only conclude that Drift is hiding how terrified he is.
"She'll be ok," Drift repeats.
I can tell he's sad this happened, but I think he'll be ok. Still, I'm tempted to argue that I want to stay in Crosshairs and Drift's room. Sunstreaker will not like that.
I don't think I can get used to seeing Jamie like this, and I hope I never see her in critical condition.

Optimus Prime's P.O.V.
"I can't believe this is happening," I hear Inferno, "I know it's a medical condition, that she's stable, but when she can die from it.."
"I know," Prowl replies, "I just think of how Crosshairs and Drift feel. How they, Bumblebee, Cade, and Hound, felt watching her fight a severe flare-up. We're lucky it's mild even if she'll still be unconscious for a week."

I sit by the bed and take Jamie's hand. Thinking about what to do for a week, knowing everyone will be worried about Jamie's mental health and if there is anything they can do. I'm failing the human I consider my daughter. There'd got to be something we can do. Something that I can do.