Ch. 12 Possible Security Measures

Drift's P.O.V.
I sit on a chair on the balcony, looking into the room at my two sleeping friends. We all watched a movie last night, and Jamie fell asleep, so Crosshairs and I went to bed. I now see how Cade and Vivian set up our room. It's like our room in Jamie's dimension, though the room is a little smaller. I watch Crosshairs get out of bed, and he catches me looking at him before I can look away.

"Already?" He asks, standing next to me, "or how have you been up all night worrying?"
"I've been up for a half-hour, but already worried about her."
Crosshairs pulls me up and hugs me.
"What am I going to do about you two?" He asks, but I don't think he's looking for an answer. I already told him everything last night. I know he does not like this, even if Jamie is only his friend, and I love her.
Even though this is a vacation and we're supposed to be forgetting about our problems, these are hard to ignore.

I go back to bed, moving Jamie closer. Watching Crosshairs get clothes and walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.
A few minutes pass before I see tears roll down her face, and she opens her eyes, but only for a few seconds. The room is quiet, and I hear her whimper while trying to be quiet, and I don't think she was dreaming. Either way, I hate seeing her cry, and I move her closer to me and hug her.

Jamie is asleep when Crosshairs walks out of the bathroom and stands on the other side of the bed. I can't hide my sadness that Jamie is already trying to cry quietly.
Crosshairs lies on the bed and takes my hand. He looks at me, full of sadness.

The three of us sleep for a few hours. Waking up, staring at each other and our little lady who was crying while we were asleep. Tears from two hours ago would be dried by now.
Crosshairs walks around the bed to hug me.

Crosshairs' P.O.V.
I hate not being able to say anything to take his pain away. I want to see these two with a human sparkling, maybe that'll help Jamie, but I don't know if that's logical or things will not go well. If everyone knew, they'd argue that they'd help but also understand the concern. If only we knew if everything would be ok and this would turn out being a family helping take care of a baby. Even if the family is mostly Autobots with a few humans and hybrids. It sucks that what we need to deal with isn't easy.
Drift and I decide to go down to the kitchen.

Finding everyone awake and eating breakfast. Lily and Sunstreaker look at us, worried. We don't want to tell them everything, but it doesn't mean we can hide our sadness.
What's concerning is Cade's expression before running out of the kitchen. I have to talk to him.

Cade looks in the room, about to go in.
"Cade?" I get his attention.
"I don't like she's left alone. Not after what she did. What she wants Ratchet to sign."
"I know, and I think Drift will rush back up here. The idea of a camera, though..."
"I'm sorry, I don't know how to help her. Tessa was never this depressed. I know you two don't want to do much to make Jamie feel like a prisoner. It's bad enough back home isn't great."
"You really shouldn't have found out."
"Does it matter? After what she did in December, I have no idea what she dealt with the past four months. Everyone who knows Jamie is worried."
No doubt Jayce and J.R. are worried even a while away. I don't know what to say. Considering how everyone knows Jamie likes being with Drift and me, they still worry.
Cade sighs, "Vivian and I will do our best to help you three. Live here if you think that'll help Jamie. Please keep her safe."
I nod, and Cade walks away. 
Maybe staying here will help, especially after what happened last Thursday. Maybe Jamie won't feel forced. The problem is how staying in her dimension has affected her; otherwise, she'd feel like the base is her home. Drift and I didn't want to force Jamie to stay with us, but now we wonder if that would have been better? Would she have been ok staying with us rather than staying in her dimension?
I'm concerned about how worried Cade is.
"Ok, your turn," I hear Drift.
"Please tell me you're joking?"
"I had enough time to eat. Without rushing, I assure you. Though... I think I do want someone watching her... I don't know..... I don't want her to feel like a prisoner, but she wants to be dead..."
Drift hugs me and cries. The door to our room closes, but no one is there. I forgot Mirage came with us, but does he have to be invisible?

Mirage's P.O.V.
What happened in the past few months? I think I need to be on guard duty again while invisible. I know Crosshairs and Drift — and maybe Optimus — won't agree to this arrangement indefinitely, but they're worried about leaving her alone. I want to respect their privacy and wait for them to tell us everything, but what are they hiding? What is it that's worse than that Jamie wants to be dead?
"What happened?" Lily asks, panicking.
"I don't know," I tell her.
It's the truth, I don't know why Drift is crying, but I will lie when I have to keep Lily from worrying more than she is.
"Fine, so what are we doing today?" Lily asks, as if I'm hiding the truth.
"I know you are going to wait to hear what Crosshairs and Drift are hoping to do,"  Sunstreaker replies, "but you better agree to leave them alone if they tell you."
"Fine," Lily sulks.
"Everyone is worried, Lily, but Jamie is not used to this," Sunstreaker explains, "too many friends worrying about her. She even fears Crosshairs and Drift abandoning her."
Seeing Sunstreaker unhappy and how he's come to care about a few humans is still odd.
I search on my phone for things for us to do — whether it's with Jamie or not.