Ch. 17 Seizure

Optimus Prime’s P.O.V.
My heart skips a beat hearing the scream. Worried either Lily or Vivian just found Jamie seriously injured or worse...
Everyone heard the scream but stay in the hallway except for Drift and Hound. I watch Sunstreaker carry Lily out of the room before seeing what’s happening.  
“Everyone leave!” Sideswipe demands, which is surprising.
I sit on my knees next to Drift, watching Jamie having a seizure. Like everyone else, I’m thinking how? She was asleep. There’s no evidence of overdosing on a drug, nor do I think this would happen this quickly. I checked on Jamie ten minutes ago.
“She’ll be ok,” I hear Hound as the seizure ends and Drift holds Jamie.
Hounds moves out of the way, and Crosshairs takes his spot.
“You’re ok,” Crosshairs assures Jamie as she looks at her two guardians.
“She might be out of it for a while,” Hound tells me before leaving.

I sit on Crosshairs’ bed as Drift lays Jamie on the other bed. Crosshairs gets clothes for her.
“Plans changing?” He asks.
“No, we can sit on the beach. She might be ok with me holding her in the water.”
The two think I left, but watching them care for Jamie is nice.
“Sir?” Crosshairs asks.
“I’ll leave.”
“No, it’s fine,” I see the two dressed Jamie and Crosshairs is wrapping her in a blanket before handing her to me, “she’s a little cold,” he explains before I ask why the blanket.
I worry she’s not just a little cold if she’s cold to the touch. By the looks of it, Jamie will be asleep soon.
“Pending afternoon plan; sitting on the beach,” Drift comments.
Crosshairs nods and leaves the room.
What is going on for you to be having a seizure? I question, knowing if this was frequently happening, that Crosshairs and Drift would tell Ratchet.
Drift tells me that Vivien gave them an outdoor rocking chair for their portion of the balcony.
I carry Jamie outside and sit on the rocking chair.
I know a little about seizures triggered by emotions, and that Jamie had a seizure tells me her mental state is horrible. With the issues I know of, I worry this will be frequent — or will the issues I don’t know about be the cause? Damn it; I hope these won’t be frequent. Some vacation this is.

“I can’t believe this,” Drift sighs as I lay Jamie on the bed, “I don’t know what to do.”
“Everyone knows to be careful. Let the others help.”
“She won’t talk, and she doesn’t feel comfortable around the others. So much pain just in the past eight months,” Drift sighs in frustration, “now she had a seizure.”
I don’t think bringing up my suspicion and giving him my ok will help him feel better. This is getting more complicated, and I should have helped Jamie more. Would we be at this point twenty-one years later?
“Optimus?” Drift asks
“I’m fine,” I lie.
Drift looks at me like he knows I’m lying, but says nothing. I leave the room to check on Lily.

Lily’s P.O.V.
“I told you not to go in that room!” Sunstreaker scolds.
“It’s actually a good thing she didn’t listen,” Sideswipe argues, “even though Jamie didn’t need medical attention, what if her guardians didn’t return for a while after the seizure?”
“Things could have been worse —.”
“Ok, enough,” Sunstreaker demands.
“And I thought you cared about her?” I argue.
The look on the twins’ faces. Sideswipe looks worried Sunstreaker will kill me while Sunstreaker walks out of the room.
“I know you two have been dating for two years, but you should be careful with what you say. He even beats me for saying unacceptable things.”
My mind thinks about Sideswipe’s sudden medbay stay in February. When everyone was accusing Sunstreaker of being the killer.

“Where’s Sunstreaker?” Optimus asks.
“I made him mad,” I inform him, “he doesn’t like how I went into the room, and I accused him of not caring about Jamie. I know seizures can be serious.”
“She’ll be ok,” Optimus assures me.
Sure, after the seizure, but I know she’s struggling mentally.
Crosshairs and Drift walk in, quickly saying Lightning is with Jamie, who is asleep, and they might go to the beach in the afternoon, but for now, no friends are to join.
I know they hate telling friends to stay away and how bad Jamie’s mental state is. When she wants to stay away from everyone. 
“There’s got to be something we can do,” I sigh, tears rolling down my face.
“We’ll help her,” Drift assures me as he hugs me.
I know they don’t like excluding friends and hope friends can help, but they have to worry about Jamie first.

Lightning’s P.O.V.
I sit by the bed, and though the desk chair is a little low, I can still reach Jamie, stroking her hair.
“I wish I knew how to help you,” I whisper.
It’s hard to think we’re doing better than humans when the problems aren’t easy to deal with, but at least we’re not saying she’s playing the victim or faking it. Who the frag would fake scrap like this? We can tell when a human is lying, and Jamie isn’t. She loves Drift, and Crosshairs is her best friend. Why would she fake all this for their time and attention?

“Lighting?” I hear Crosshairs, “you ok?”
“No, who’s ok while thinking about how hurt Jamie is? And there’s not much we can do. How humans in her dimension have no clue.”
“We need to get her out of the house,” Drift comments, “as much as I don’t want to force Jamie to do anything, I doubt she’ll put up a fight.”
“The pool is a good start,” Crosshairs adds.
We know we can’t keep discussing the challenges, but it’s hard not to. This is our possible plan after lunch, depending on when Jamie wakes up. Drift adds how he is hoping to let Lily join us. Though the terror twins will probably want to join. I hate how Drift is worried that Jamie will not like that. A sign of how much she’s struggling. So much in four months since I last saw Jamie.