004. reborn virgins

Larissa has stayed at the bunker for the past few cases, Athena's changing sleep schedule exhausting her and she knew she wasn't top notch so she opted to stay back.

Thankfully, Athena's sleep schedule has stuck to being the same for the past few weeks. She sleeps through the night and still takes two or three naps a day.

Jody had called with a possible case and they drove and met her outside of a diner.

"Sheriff. Laying off the blind dates, I hope." Dean says.

"Yeah. You bite your tongue, boy." Jody says. "Ooh... is this the little Athena I've heard so much about?"

"Yeah." Larissa grins up at Athena who is in Sam's arms.

"She's adorable." Jody comments. Athena babbles making her parents and Jody chuckle. Dean quietly laughs, but covers it up with a cough.

"So?" Sam asks, motioning for Jody to tell them about the case.

"So. Car was right over there, ass over teakettle. Now, normally, if somebody would tell me that one guy lifted an S.U.V., I'd tell him to take a flying leap, but after what I've seen..."

"Nothing's impossible." Sam says.

"Uh-huh." Jody nods.

"And this matches up with the other missing people how?" Dean asks.

"Well, four abductions, strong evidence left at every scene -- literally." Jody says.

"So, first vic was a pastor?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Door of his study was punched in. And then, the next two -- an engaged couple." Jody says.

"Locked bedroom window was ripped open." Dean says.

"Mm-hmm. And then we have our waitress here with the topsy turvy ride." Jody says.

"Any other connection among them?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. They were all members of Good Faith church here. My, uh, my church group back in Sioux Falls was in a tizzy over it." Jody says. Dean hums. "What?"

"I didn't beg you for churchy." Dean says.

"Yeah. You know, choking on the ladies' room floor cause of witchcraft kind of makes a higher power seem relevant." Jody says.

"Jody, are you sure you're, uh, ready to jump back in the fray?" Dean asks.

"This wackadoo stuff keeps coming. More I know, better armed I'll be." Jody says.

"Okay, so, we have, uh, missing church folk and super strength. Maybe angels harvesting vessels? Could be a Buddy Boyle type thing." Sam says.

"Wh-- angels? You're joking."

"Don't get your pants on fire. They suck." Dean tells Jody.

"You said there was a witness." Sam says.

"Yeah, well... more or less." Jody says.

+++

The three are sitting on one side of the booth and Athena is in her mom's lap. Jody and the witness sit across from them.

"Okay, Slim. My friends here want to talk to you about the missing girl." Jody says.

"Honor. Her name was Honor. Nice girl. Always left me meatloaf." Sam says.

"Slim, why don't you tell us what you saw that night?" Sam suggests.

"I heard a big noise, got woke, and there's somebody over there lifting a car up -- like this." Slim lifts his hands above his head.