059. reconcile

"Let me get this straight -- you were kidnapped, weeks ago, locked up. Cas, I just talked to you on the phone." Dean says.

"No. No. Asmodeus had my phone. You've been talking to him." Cas informs.

"What did he want with you?" Sam asks.

"Well, he must have wanted Lucifer. I just-- I just happened to be in proximity." Cas says.

"What? No." Larissa argues.

"Lucifer? No, no." Sam shakes his head.

"No, no, we slammed his ass back to apocalypse world. How did--"

"Kevin Tran." Cas cuts Dean off.

"Kevin Tran?" Dean asks.

"Apocalypse world version, yes. We managed to open a rift using Lucifer's grace." Cas says.

"They have an angel tablet?" Sam asks.

"Yes. And the archangel, Michael, again the apocalypse world version, wants to use the spell to invade and conquer our world. That's why I met with Lucifer." Cas says.

"So... you met-- Cas, I specifically told you not to do anything stupid." Dean says.

"Well, he was weak and given the context of our imminent annihilation, it didn't seem stupid. Lucifer wanted to help fight Michael." Cas says.

"Oh, yeah, Lucifer wanted to help, sure." Sam scoffs.

"If he were lying I'd have known it. He was... he was scared. But Asmodeus showed up before we could finish our conversation and when we finally managed to escape, Lucifer did try to kill me." Cas says.

"Oh, so much for helping." Dean says.

"He say anything about our mom?" Sam asks.

"She's alive. That's all I know. I'm sorry." Cas says.

+++

"It's a long shot at best." Cas comments.

"Yeah, well, most of what we do are long shots, you get used to it. Cas, I'm sorry. All that time you were with Asmodeus, I should have known it wasn't you." Dean says.

"No, he's a shapeshifter. Besides, I was the one who got myself captured." Cas says.

"Yeah, but if Sam, Rissa, and I knew, you know, we would have--"

"Yeah, I know you would have tried another long shot. I'm fine, Dean."

"You sure about that?"

"Right now, all that matters is getting Jack and your mother out of that place. Look, I promised Kelly that I would protect her son. I intend to keep that promise."

The door opens, Sam walking in with Donatello.

"Hey, there he is. Donny, how you doing?" Dean asks.

"Uh, the usual. Bewildered." Donatello says.

"I feel that." Larissa mutters.

"Right, cool. So here's the plan. We nab Lucifer." Dean says.

"If he is as weak as Cas says, then the angel cuffs should work on him." Sam says.

"Yeah, maybe." Cas says.

"Well, maybe is all we got. So, we grab Satan, we use his grace to open a door between the two universes, okay? Then we get mom and we get Jack and then we get out. Slam the door before Michael follows us and destroys our universe. Now, it's gonna be harder than it sounds." Dean explains.

"You don't say." Larissa deadpans earning a bitch face from Dean.

"And so the spell to open this rift is in the angel tablet?" Donatello asks.