013. curing dean

Larissa is folding laundry when Jody walks into the house.

"Hey." Jody greets.

"Hey." Larissa nods her head.

"Where, um... where's Athena?" Jody asks.

"Taking a nap. What are you doing home in the middle of the day?" Larissa asks.

"Uh... Sam called." Jody says.

"Okay." Larissa says.

"Um.. honey, Dean, uh... Dean died." Jody says making Larissa freeze.

"Wh-what?" She asks.

"But...  but his body isn't there. He... apparently, he woke up and he dipped or something." Jody says. "Wants me to keep an eye out."

Larissa feels tears spring to her eyes as she thinks of Dean.

"He-- wh-- I--" She struggles to come with words.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." Jody whispers. The nickname immediately reminds her of Dean and the dam breaks. Jody goes over and hugs her tightly, knowing how close the two were. Larissa continues to sob until she tries to push more tears back.

"I... I need to go back to Lebanon. I-- I need to check on Sam." Larissa says.

"I can watch Athena. But you can't drive like this. Take an hour or so." Jody says.

"Are-- are you sure?" Larissa asks.

"Yeah." Jody nods.

+++

After getting calm enough to drive, Larissa made her way back to the bunker. When she gets there, she quickly makes her way inside and down the stairs. She comes to a stop when she sees Sam asleep with his head on the map table.

Larissa slowly walks over and she gently nudges Sam's shoulder, him jolting awake. He looks around before spotting her.

"Lissy?" He asks, tired and confused.

"Hi." She whispers.

"What... what are you doing here?" Sam asks.

"Jody told me... about Dean. Sammy, I'm sorry." Larissa says, trying to keep her own tears in.

"Right. Right." Sam looks down. He doesn't say anything and Larissa knows he probably did all of his crying earlier. Larissa wraps her arms around his shoulders, hugging him, her chin resting on top of his head. She kisses the top of his head, tightening her grip on him a little.

She hears him sniffle and then quiet sobs are released. Larissa holds onto him tighter as he starts to sob. Sam spins in the chair, hiding his face in her abdomen. Larissa keeps her arms around him, running her hand over his head.

"It's okay, baby. I got you." Larissa whispers.

~ ~ ~

After Sam stopped crying, he quickly regained his composure and got up.

"You-- you need to leave." Sam says, starting to drag her upstairs.

"What?" Larissa asks.

"I'm gonna be looking for Dean. It-- you can keep an eye out on him if he ends up in Sioux Falls or something." Sam says.

"Wh-- Sam, I'm not just gonna leave you like this. You're a wreck." Larissa says.

"Real flattering." Sam remarks.

"Sam--" He pushes her out the door.

"It's for the best." Sam shuts the door and locks it.

"Sam!" Larissa tries to open the door. "Sam!" She pounds on it.