056. wayward sisters

Dean is sitting at the table and cleaning his gun when Sam and Larissa walk in, Athena skipping in behind them.

"I think she's clean." Sam comments.

"Anything on Ketch?" Dean asks.

"No. Checked every hospital in a 50 mile radius. Nada." Sam says.

"Crazy son of a bitch probably pulled the bullet out with his teeth." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam scoffs.

"What about Jack?" Dean asks.

"I talked to Cas. He's got nothing. It's like we gotta find something in the lore or wait for Jack to make a mistake." Sam says, sitting across from his brother and Larissa sits next to Sam.

"Yeah, well, the "mistakes" are what I'm worried about." Dean says. Athena climbs onto her dad's lap, cuddling into his chest and hugging his arm. Dean's phone rings and he answers it and puts it on speaker. "Yeah?"

"Dean Winchester?" They hear a man ask.

"Who's this?" Dean asks.

"I have something you might be interested in." The man says.

"No, we're happy with our cable provider. Thank you." Dean goes to hang up.

"What about your Nephilim?" The man asks. "Word on the street is he's gone rogue."

"Yeah? What street is that?" Dean asks.

"Hell Street. Hell Avenue. Just Hell, really." The man says.

"Demon." Sam whispers.

"What if I told you I had a way to find your boy? Meet me at Smile Diner at 12:45." He instructs before hanging up.

+++

Larissa sits next to Sam while he studies the piece of parchment that the demon gave them for a spell to track Jack.

"What's the verdict?" Dean asks, walking in.

"The spell... I think it checks out." Sam says. "I put together a rough translation. Um, it's Canaanite. Dates back to the time of King Solomon, who apparently commissioned it to keep tabs on the Queen of Sheba who, according to the lore, was half angel."

"She was a Nephilim? So, what you're saying is that King Solomon created a spell so that she could stalk his girlfriend."

"Yeah. And it looks like it works. Or it would work..."

"If we had the other half. Which, without it, we got nothing."

"Pretty much."

"Great."

"Look, whatever game Bart is playing, I-I-I don't wanna play it, but..."

"Sam, you know that these things don't usually go our way."

"It doesn't matter. Jack is out there, in the world, and he's alone and he's scared and he's dangerous. And if this is our chance to find him... we have to take it."

Dean nods and leaves.

"If you really don't wanna do this, then I can go and you stay with Thena." Larissa says.

"N-No. I don't... I don't want you risking your life or-or anything else." Sam says.

"But you can risk yours?" Larissa asks.

"Look, just... even Athena has to be away from a parent, it's better if she's away from me. You know, she's got... she still has that separation anxiety from you and-and I know I wouldn't be able to calm her down for too long. Besides if this thing goes very south... I'd rather her lose her dad then her mom."