074. losing kids

The three are waiting in the hallway while Cas is in Jack's room and trying to figure out what's wrong. After getting back from a hunt with Dean, Jack had started coughing blood and then he fainted.

"What's taking so long?" Dean asks, pacing.

"I don't know. Whatever's going on with Jack is probably complicated." Sam says.

"Yeah, but, I mean, weird stuff happens to kids all the time. They get coughs, bloody noses. I mean, I helped Athy out with a bloody nose, like, four days ago. She was just dehydrated." Dean says.

"Yeah, but he's not a normal kid, Dean." Larissa says.

Cas walks out of Jack's room.

"Is he okay?" Dean asks.

"I--I did what I could, but I don't... I-I don't know what's wrong with him." Cas says.

"But you can figure it out, right?" Dean asks.

They hear a crash from Jack's room, all rushing in.

"Jack?" Sam rushes over to where Jack is lying on the floor. "Jack? Hey. Jack!"

Jack foams at the mouth, the four adults sharing worried looks.

+++

They're at the hospital and at the front desk. Cas is holding onto Jack's arm to keep him up. Larissa is holding Athena, her and Sam not exactly wanting to leave their five year old alone.

"Look, could you just get him inside?" Dean asks the receptionist.

"Sir, I just need some basic information. That's the procedure. I do the work up, then I take him back." The woman states.

"Okay, the basic information is he's sick." Dean says.

"Do you see anyone here who isn't?" The woman asks.

"His full name, please." The woman demands. "You do know his name, right?"

"Jack." Dean says.

"Um... Kline." Larissa says. "Jack Kline."

"Date of birth?" The woman asks after typing his name in.

"Come on. Is that important?" Dean asks.

"What did you say your relationship is to the patient?" The woman asks.

"May 18th." Sam says. "Date of birth -- May 18th."

"2000 -- '99." Dean says. "2000." He decides on. Larissa hides her eye roll from the receptionist.

"Uh-huh. Family medical history? Let's start with the father." The woman says.

"He's dead." Dean states.

"Cause of death?" She asks.

The three hunters share awkward looks, not sure what to say.

"He was stabbed through the heart and he exploded." Cas states. The three Winchesters give him 'what the hell' looks.

"Okay, you know what? We don't have time for this. All right, he's sick. His name is Jack Kline. His father exploded. There, you've got all the basics. Now what does he need to do to see a doctor?"

Jack falls to the floor.

"Jack." Cas calls, the three adults surrounding him.

~ ~ ~

They rush back with the nurses as they wheel Jack on a gurney.

"It's all right, Jack. Hang in there, buddy." Sam says.