028. going to visit the cage

"Because it's crazy, okay?! And it's not going to happen. How many times do I have to say that this is a horrible idea?" Dean asks.

"About as many as I have to say, okay, then what else have we got? Listen, I'm all ears. Dean, ordinarily, I'd agree with you, but the visions only happen when I reach out to God. I asked him for a way to beat the Darkness and the visions got more specific -- and I was in the cage."

"Yeah, with Lucifer. The biggest monster ever hatched. Fan-fucking-tastic!"

"You know Lucifer was the biggest monster ever hatched, until you and I hatched one that's even worse. Listen, in the vision, Lucifer touches me and I feel calm, like things will be all right. And that's not something I would ever come up with. I mean, that is the last thing that I would ever feel."

"If Lucifer touched you, it would be the last thing you think. Ever. Why would God even ask this of you? What proof do we have that any of this is actually real?"

"There was a burning bush."

"A burning bush?"

"Like in the Bible."

"You were in the forest. There are bushes there and sometimes they burn." Dean states. "You know what, man? Maybe there is something to it all, maybe, and maybe there's not."

"Dean, doesn't it make sense? I mean, Lucifer would know how God ended the Darkness. He was there." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

"Okay, Dean and I are meeting up with Crowley." Sam says. "You two good?"

"I good!" Athena says, looking up at him, her mouth covered in spaghetti sauce and she has noodles in her hands.

"That's-- that's disgusting." Sam whispers. "But that's great, baby." He smiles at her, kissing her on the head. He turns to Larissa.

"This is still a theoretical situation you're asking him about, right?" Larissa asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Are you sure it's even a good idea to consider? After everything that-- that he did to you. You wanna see him?" Larissa asks.

"It might be the only way, Lissy. We don't have anything else." Sam says.

"You said you felt at ease with him touching you?" Larissa asks.

"It's beyond weird, I know. I-- I'm fine. Everything will be fine. And it's not like I'm going now, we're just going to talk to Crowley. No cage or Lucifer yet." Sam assures.

"Okay." Larissa mumbles.

Sam kisses her before leaving.

+++

Sam and Natalie are in the dungeon in the bunker with Rowena.

"Every bit. But the stuff we're looking for is definitely in the book." Sam tells Dean. Rowena tries to look at a different page in the Book of the Damned. "Hey, hey, hey! No snooping around there. Focus." He tells her. "You find anything at the church?" He asks Dean.

"I just got here. The cops said that the last time the vics were seen alive, one of them, a priest, they were talking to some mystery woman. She was not killed." Dean says.

"Amara?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, I bet. Apparently it's a massacre. The place is covered in blood." Dean says.

"She's upping her game. She's going to pass the point where we can deal with her." Sam says.

"Listen... are you sure you're okay with this whole deal?"