012. domestic single mom life

Larissa has already been at Jody's for a few days. She finally explained to Jody about everything going on with Sam and how she reached a breaking point.

"So... not that this is the best question for the moment, but you think you'll ever get back together?" Jody asks, sitting next to her.

"I don't know. I've already apologized for what I did. He's the childish asshole." Larissa grumbles, taking a sip of her drink.

"Well, I have to go into work. You gonna be okay here alone?" Jody asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good. I have Athena." Larissa says. They both look at Athena who is sitting on the couch and eyes are glued to a Scooby-Doo episode playing on the TV while she drinks her milk.

"Well... you two don't have too much fun without me." Jody says, patting Larissa's shoulder. "Call me if you need something."

"Will do." Larissa says and Jody leaves. Larissa sighs and walks over to the couch, sitting next to Athena. The baby pays her no mind as she's enticed with the cartoon and her milk.

"Looks like it's just you and me for now, baby." Larissa sighs.

+++

"Okay, so... the cops are having little Thanksgiving thing today. I'll be home late. Unless... you know, you want to go?" Jody asks Larissa.

"Oh, uh... I don't know if I really wanna be around a bunch of cops. No offense." Larissa says.

"I get it. But, you know, getting out of the house wouldn't be the worst thing." Jody says.

"I get out of the house." Larissa says.

"To shop for food, get takeout, and take Athena to the park. Maybe a little social interaction wouldn't kill you." Jody says.

"I'd like to beg to differ." Larissa says.

"Just think about it, okay? Starts at 6:00." Jody pats Larissa's head before leaving.

Athena babbles making Larissa look at her.

"You want to go have Thanksgiving with cops?" Larissa asks. Athena babbles again. "Okay." She sighs.

+++

Larissa carries Athena into the police station. It's 6:30 and a little crowded, cops standing around and talking while eating. Larissa finds Jody and walks over.

"Hey." She says.

"Oh, hey, sweetie." Jody greets. "Glad you could make it." She gives a side hug, able to sense her nerves.

"Yeah. Yeah." Larissa mumbles, forcing a small smile.

Athena babbles as she looks around the unfamiliar place, observing all of the things in the room, including the people.

"Uh, Frank, this is Larissa. She's a family friend who is staying with for a little while. And this is her daughter, Athena. Larissa, this is Frank, he's the deputy." Jody informs.

"Ah. Pleasure to meet you, miss." Frank shakes her hand.

"Hi." Larissa smiles.

"How old is the little one?" Frank asks.

"Oh, uh, she turned 10 months just two days ago." Larissa answers.

"She's a cutie." Frank says, smiling softly at the baby who smiles.

"Thanks." Larissa smiles, readjusting Athena when she starts to slip.

"Hey, Frank!" Another person calls.

"Uh, excuse me, ladies. Sheriff. Nice meeting you, Larissa."

"You, too." She says as he walks away.

"See? Not so bad. Food's over there." Jody points to the long table full of food.