Author's Notes

Chapter 24: Author's Notes

For the third time in the history of making fanfics, I had so much fun making this new fan fic as this was the third official fan fic and possibly the longest fanfic I've written in VIRUS-ai history.

Coming up with these new ideas came from a list of favorite movies and video games. The first being a completely new story written from the ground up which was inspired by video games such as Halo 3, a classic James Bond movie called: For Your Eyes Only. And major inspiration from Thunderbirds101tv's text to spe4ech show: Microsoft Sam reads funny windows errors. By sticking with these ideas, I was able to create a war story I've always wanted to tell involving cyber security, internet censorship, and the battle for freedom of speech.

To be honest, I was very lucky to write this fan fiction, however this time around, I did have a lot oo difficulty in writing this fanfic as I was working with characters whom I never had any experience in writing, so i got some help from a couple of friends of mine.

As said in my 2 previous author's notes, I had interest in writing this fan fiction because I got inspired by opuscon789 who; before me wrote a popular fan fic with a similar formula, but again; unlike his SNT vs Sonichu fan fic, I wanted to tackle an original story with a topic that was rarely ever touched upon in the fan fic community: that being; Cyber Security.

Cyber Security is what continues to spark ideas for my YouTube series such as the newest story arc to which this fan fic is based of of called "VIRUS-ai: The fall of the academy." As for my knowledge on viruses, worms and other forms of malware, I'll always have Danooct1 on YouTube to thank for, i've continued to watch Danooct1's video "RELIGIOUSLY" and continued to learn everything about viruses, their payloads and stealth techniques and various ways to either annoy the user or destroy their data. Heck, I even recently purchased a book about viruses and cyber security to learn more about how viruses work and how they affect computers.

And again, Project SNT once again also added a spark to my fire when I was looking up sprite comics one night and I stumbled upon her old sprite comics which brought me back down to memory lane. I used to create sprite comics myself on a old website that unfortunately was taken down and is now forgotten history. Although my comics were not sonic related but rather Mario related since I was a Mario fanboy back then. It was Project SNT who introduced me to the world of Sonic.

As for OCs, again; I never actually had a sonic OC, I did however had a Mario OC which I never revealed to the world. He basically looked like Mario but without a moustache. Eventually, during my years in college, I gave my Mario OC a complete overhaul by changing his color from red to blue and giving him an axem rangers body after being inspired by episodes 5 and 6 of the best flash sprite animation at the time. It was made by Alvin Earthworm and titled "Super Mario Bros Z".

After watching Super Mario Bros Z as well as an old basic sprite series called "Super Mario Adventures X" by Rachetlombax, I began making my own sprite animations, they're not as good as Alvin Earthworm, in the sense that I did not own the sprite animation software he was using at the time. But I did earn the knowledge of how sprite animations work. Today, I am currently on season 14 of my new series "Axer Rangers S" which is a still ongoing series I began since October 25, 2009.

I then started watching more James Bond movies as my weeks of writing this fanfic progressed. And at night, I would watch Thunderbitds101tv on YouTube to see if I can get inspired by his text to speech war stories that he created. Heck, i even went as far as to watch Halo 3 cutscenes to try to get some more inspiration for VIRUS-ai 3. And eventually, I did.

These 3 separate forms of media helped me greatly in writing this brand new story about 2 amazing OCs teaming up once again to save the computer world from viruses and other forms of malware.

Aside from my sprite show that's been in production since 2009, I got inspired by other videos, movies and video games as well such as: Super Mario Bros Z, Project SNT's comics and SNT forces, James Bond 007 For Your Eyes Only, and Danooct1's virus demonstrations.

Now again, many of you may be wondering, why did I make my OC Void Ranger fall in love with SNT? Similar to SNT's backstory, Void Ranger was the 6th virus along side his 5 clones created by a former united anti-virus movement member named Total AV. Originally, I planned for Void Ranger to be an axem ranger who was never supposed to fall in love in the first place. He was originally supposed to be this sad, dark, lonesome warrior who only ever cared about his allies, as well as completing the mission. So while giving Void similar traits to his original character, I also gave him the personality of a young boy who has yet to learn new things and will stop at nothing to learn as much as possible during his mission. Plus a chance to romance and spend time with SNT definitely gave my OC Void a much bigger personality than what was originally intended.

Another quick topic to explain once again, this sci-fi story, SNT was dealing with a brand new enemy of a completely different species than what she had faced before in previous adventures. With that in mind, she basically had no knowledge whatsoever of who these characters were, what powers they possessed or their weaknesses. In fact, Cyber Security was a completely new realm for SNT to jump into. Which is why I ended the story with SNT joining Void Ranger in the U.A.V academy; to study about viruses and the realm she ventured into throughout this adventure. To put it simply, it was as if she was heading towards Eggman's base for the very first time while blindfolded.

Also, why did I include other characters like Tarantula, Thunderwave, STAK, SOR, Order, etc? ever since I met these OCs from a couple of friends of mine, we all sat down, talked about it and came up with a villain team known famously in this fanfic as the Heinous Hex. Also, why did I ring back a couple of characters from SNT vs Sonichu 2? Because I wanted to tell a story that had high stakes and lots of danger; not just to the computer world, but to SNT's world as well. And this fanfic as well as my YouTube story arc, "VIRUS-ai 3: The war against censorship" proves that you can tell a beautiful war story and still keep all your characters in the same story without leaving them behind.

Finally, about the United Anti-Virus Movement as i previously mentioned in my last author's notes, as I wrote this story, I had a vision that all Anti-virus companies would come together in glory to sit down at an auditorium and discuss the one topic that all companies have in common, cyber security. But because there were more anti-viruses than anticipated, I decided to focus on a few anti-viruses while introducing 2 new anti-viruses, one of which who would be the key to unlocking my OC's tragic backstory.

Honestly, I am proud of this fan fic as it was with my previous 2 fan fics, it is everything I ever wanted in an adventure between an army of Sonic OCs, it is definitely not perfect than other fan fictions, but honestly, I definitely did a good job in giving the audience another story that many fans will remember for years to come.

Honestly, I still don't know what ProjectSNT, SonicSong182, CuteyTCat or SPD64's reaction will be of this fan fiction, I just wanted to share another beautiful story that has yet to be told within the specialverse. If ever they discover this fan fiction and wish to read this story in a live stream, by all means. Please pm me and keep me posted.

I would like to thank Kanakarogoh, FanBoySethy, DaNkness2178, Keldimort and opuscon789 for proofreading this fanfic, and provide feedback throughout the development of this fanfic.

I also wanna thank Kanakarogoh, FanBoySethy, DaNkness2178, Keldimort and Pepsicyborg for allowing me to use your respected characters, as well as writing your characters respectively. Without your help, I would have never been able to understand your character's personalities whatsoever.

Finally, I wanna thank you all so much for reading and enjoying my fan fiction as I once again poured my heart and soul into writing this beautiful continuing story just for you; the Sonic and Axem Rangers community.

-BiohazardStudios