Chapter 21: Episode Two Finale

Ryan: "You know what? I am not going home. For all that I have got through today."
"I deserve to see the look on Luke's face when he tells you he lost his bike."
Phil - "Alright, come over. I will ask him directly where his bike is?"
Phil and Ryan entered the Dunphy house and headed upstairs to Luke's room.
Phil entering the room, spoke, "Hey, buddy. That was, uh… that was pretty fun today, huh? Getting your new bike?"
Luke - "Yeah, it was awesome."
Ryan - "So, uh, is there anything you wanna share with us?"
Luke: "Not really."
Phil - "So… if I went out to the garage to take a picture for a scrapbook, there'd be no surprises, right? "
Luke - "…I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I just made a mistake!" 'Phil- " Yeah, a big mistake! You're making me and Ryan look horrible here; I told mom you were ready for this."
Luke- "It's just a scratch, dad."
Ryan - "What?"
Luke- "I scratched it on my way into the driveway. I'm sorry."
Ryan - "Wait, so it wasn't stolen?"
Luke: "…No. Why?"
Ryan - "I went through all that for me to be right in the first place."
Phil - "Luke, don't lie. Is it really not stolen?"
Luke - "No, it's in the garage, but what going on here?"
Ryan - "Uh, where did you go after you left us?"
Luke - "I came straight home."
Phil - "Luke."
Luke - "Fine. I played at a park nearby before coming home, but I promise I finished my homework right after."
Ryan - "Alright, where was your bike when you were playing?"
Luke - "Oh, I parked it at the swing with the locker. Why?"
Ryan - "No reason, but you need to be more careful."
"This time, it's a scratch. Next time if you leave it unlocked, then what?"
Luke was left Speechless and scratched his head.
Phil and Ryan quickly started to exit the room.
Phil, while exiting the room - "Yeah… 'cause… there are bad people out there who would steal a bike. Those are thieves."
Ryan whispers, "What have you got me into."
Phil whispers back - "You saw him there without the bike. I thought he parked on the street."
Ryan - "Let's go back and return the bike before Claire gets here."
Phil - "Good shout."
Phil and Ryan start attaching the bike back in the car, and right then, Claire and Alex come over.
Claire - "What going on?"
Ryan - "haha, I don't know what you mean?"
Alex - "Why are there two bikes?"
Phil - "Oh, Ryan bought another bike for his cousin. Isn't that right, Ryan?"
Phil winked at Ryan
Ryan - "Yes, I needed help transporting it, so Phil decided to help me."
Alex - "Did dad just wink?"
Claire - "Do you both think I am blind."
Ryan - "Fine, let's just tell them the story about the bike."
Phil - "Fine."
Phil and Ryan then start explaining their situation.
Claire: "I mean, I don't understand. Why are you trying to sneak around and hide things from me? I actually think it's pretty funny."
Phil: …You do?
Claire: "I do, yes. You steal a bike from some poor kid and then find Luke's bike at home. It's hilarious."
Ryan - "It is?"
Phil - "Classic me, right?"
Claire: Yes, the only thing I don't understand is why you mentioned stopping at the gas."
Phil - "Oh, I was getting some gas…."
Ryan -"You know we just want to fully disclose everything. As we have nothing to hide."
Phil - "Ah yes, yes, we have nothing to hide."
Alex - "Hmm, sounds suspicious."
Ryan - "There is nothing suspicious going on here. Do you not trust us?"
Phil - "Yeah, Alex and Claire, do you not trust me."
Claire - "Fine, but remember for the future that I am your wife, not your mom, so there is no need to hide anything from me."
Phil - "Alright."
Phil and Claire hug, and Desiree suddenly enters the scene. Seeing Desiree, Ryan quickly grabs Alex and hugs her tightly as well.
Alex - "Ryan, not in front of my parents."
Claire looked over, saw Ryan and Alex hugging, and spoke, "It's fine, honey. He is just hugging you."
Desiree - "So there you are."
Claire and Alex at the same time - "What was that."
Phil and Ryan - "Nothing."
They then start tightly hugging Claire and Alex.
Claire - "Not so hard, honey."
Phil - "I think we should go inside."
Desiree - "Hey, I just wanted to say I am sorry about earlier."
Claire managed to get out of Phil's grasp - "Oh hey, Desiree."
Ryan immediately let go of Alex and tried to dash off, but Claire caught him.
Claire - "What going on here?"
Desiree - "Nothing. I just came to thank your husband and Ryan for their help in my bedroom earlier."
Claire and Alex simultaneously - "What?"
Claire - "Ryan, you better explain this clearly, or else no more seeing Alex."
Alex - "Yes."
Ryan - "Of course, I, the victim, get targeted once more."
Inside Ryan - "God damn you, show writer, if I ever see you on the streets, I will show you what a Mortal combat death is."
Ryan - "Phil, you better clarify this. Otherwise, our friendship is over."
Phil - "Alright, everyone, calm down. I will explain what happened."
Desiree - "No, I can't hear it. I am leaving."
Ryan - "Yeah, you better leave. You know I am not only 13 but also a big writer. I will make sure you get 10 years in Coventry."
Desiree, hearing this, quickly dashes off.
Claire - "Coventry? Victim? What going on?"
Ryan - "You know what? I will explain it as. Clearly, Phil wants to keep shut."
"So while we were heading back, she stopped us and wanted help as she air quotes locked herself out of the house."
"Phil agreed on the spot. I even told him this might be sketchy, but no, let's head in."
"So we enter through a window that turns out to be a bedroom window."
Phil - "Fine, now that it is inevitable that this will come out, I will say it, so you don't have to experience it again."
Phil then explained the actual story.
Claire - "She did what."
Ryan - "Yeah, it's all true."
"Look at that, Phil. Your teaching Luke a lesson has made me look so flawed in front of Alex."
Alex - "Don't say that knowing you were able to pretend and act normal after such an experience is enough to show me how brave you are."
Ryan - "It is?"
Claire - "Yeah, honey, it's not your fault. If I have to say who I am angry at then, that's definitely Phil."
Alex - "Yes, I am not talking with him starting now."
Claire - "You know what? I will do the same."
Claire and Alex then left and headed for their home.
Phil spoke, looking at them leaving - "Well, that's me in the dog house. At least I have you, right Ryan."
Phil looked around to find Ryan had already left.
Like this, the episode came to an end.