Chapter 32: Release Dates

Ryan quickly unlocked his house door and rushed inside. After inside he calmed down quickly and took a seat on the living room sofa.
Ryan next opened up the system interface to find that he earned only 26,500 points. It bought his points total to 87,180.
Reading the points interface Ryan realized that most points came from his sudden outburst of singing and his last bomb drop.
Ryan decided to browse the mall and select a target for the future. He did need mission impossible 2 but he was confident by next year he would have more than enough points to buy it.
This time though Ryan didn't browse for long before a movie directly popped up in his head and Ryan felt it made sense.
It was the 1st ever movie of the "Men In Black" franchise. Ryan quickly typed the name of the movie into the search bar and easily found it.
[Men In Black - 144,000 points]
The reason Ryan thought of Men In Black was due to that horrible nightmare he had a few days back.
Now that he had decided on the next movie to purchase, Ryan decided to browse through and look for a new television show with many seasons.
You see Ryan wanted to further enrich his writing credential as now the only thing missing was having a show with multiple seasons.
Ryan also felt he should maintain his current movie-to-TV show ratio of 1:1.
As Ryan was browsing a thought appeared in his head, It was about whether he should use the new feature of the system and make more episodes of his ongoing tv shows or not.
Ryan - "I do have that new episode-buying feature but I can't extend existing shows in my hand. It would be far too costly."
"I think I will stick to my original plan of finishing Southland in three seasons with the third season being a combo of the fourth and fifth season (in reality for clarity)"
"It doesn't matter if the third season has more episodes than the other seasons, I will just go I wanted to write a good season finale so I extended the season."
Ryan then continued browsing the different tv shows until he saw "Dexter". He knew he had to buy it, he couldn't leave a classic like it just rotting in the store.
[Dexter season 1 - 282,000]
Seeing that huge price tag Ryan wasn't sure if he should aim for it or not. As if one season costs 282,000 then the other season could cost even more.
Ryan - "You know what as this is just an aim, so why not aim for stars? Max to max if I feel like it I will use the points for another show once they are collected."
Time soon started to turn the clock in circles and two days passed. The day changed from 7th to 9th October a Saturday.
Ryan was as always on his grind you know writing, playing competitive sports, and spending time with Alex.
Ryan was sitting at his table when his phone suddenly rang.
Ryan - "Hi Marcus"
Marcus - "Hi Ryan I was calling to let you know that we encountered some delays in shooting so the release date has been postponed."
Ryan - "Oh what happened?"
Marcus - "Just some scheduling issues but they have been resolved now."
Ryan - "Alright so what is the new date?"
Marcus - "It's January 23rd."
Ryan - "Got it."
Marcus - "By the way fox wanted me to let you know that they have fixed a date for when your show will air as well."
Ryan - "Oh southland finally has a date?"
Marcus - "Yes so the current date is January 9th"
Ryan - "9th and 23rd so both are released on Saturdays?"
Marcus - "Yeah."
Ryan - "By the way, Marcus do you have connections in the international markets"
Marcus - "Some but not many, Why?"
Ryan - "I kind of wanted to make some so that in the future I could release movies outside of the US as well."
Marcus - "You don't have to worry I am sure Warner will help you release Mission Impossible worldwide."
Ryan - "Damn how did you know about Mission Impossible."
Marcus - "You see Ryan this industry might seem huge but in reality, everyone has their inner circles."
"Plus for a big-budget movie like Mission Impossible, even small studios take an effort to learn about it, so that they are better aware of important people in the industry."
Ryan - "Come on I am not that important. I am just a small-time writer who wrote a couple of scripts."
Marcus - "Haha if the other screenwriter heard you they would go insane. Just so you know you are practically a legend in the industry at this point."
Ryan - "A legend? come on Marcus don't throw such words around."
Marcus - "I am not kidding. The fact you produced five works in a month is already something no other writer has managed to do."
"Plus there is your young age so you are a legend or at least a legend in making. If all your works are relatively successful you would be on your way to being a legend."
Ryan - "Don't worry Marcus I am a sharpshooter I don't miss. Fox is going to regret giving up that 15% box office share."
Marcus - "Oh I sure hope so."
Ryan - "Let's see how confident are you, how much box office do you think Friday the 13th will make?"
Marcus - "I don't know maybe somewhere in the tens of millions like sixteen or eighteen million. How much do you expect?"
Ryan - "Marcus you got to dream big. I see it making forty to fifty million in the US alone."
Marcus - "Damn you are crazy and what do you mean by the US alone."
Ryan - "I mean if it does make forty to fifty million, then fox will launch it globally so the final box office will be more."
Marcus - "I guess that makes sense but it reaching that height would be a miracle in itself."
Ryan - "That's right it would be a low-budget box office mega-hit if it did hit forty million or more."
Marcus -"Then again don't have too many expectations what if it flops?"
Ryan - "Well we will see how it does now won't we."