Chapter 60: Filler???

Inside a car, three people were seated. One was a young teenage boy, one was an injured adolescent girl, and the last was a young woman.
They sat there in await of someone's safe return.
This was none other than Ryan, Alex, and Amanda, who sat inside their car waiting for Nathan to finally return after guiding the police.
The atmosphere was slightly depressing but wasn't tense, as they could do nothing by stressing out.
Also, Alex wasn't sitting upright like Ryan and Amanda due to her injury.
She was lying flat on the passenger seats with her head resting in Ryan's lap and her feet facing the opposite direction.
At first, she had an intense blush on her face when she first lay down on Ryan's lap but looking up and seeing how serious the atmosphere was, she put away all these thoughts and lay there honestly.
Amanda - "How long has it been?"
Ryan looked at his smartphone stopwatch and replied, "fifty-three minutes."
Amanda - "What's the exact time?"
Ryan - "It is currently 6:21 pm."
After this small conversation, the car soon returned to silence.
Amanda - "Ryan, are you sure you don't want to take a nap like Alex?"
Ryan - "Of course not. I want to wait for dad to return back safely."
Amanda - "So do I, dear."
Looking back while speaking with Ryan, Amanda couldn't help but take a peek at Alex's peaceful face sleeping in Ryan's lap.
Amanda - "Must have been quite the eventful day for the little girl."
Ryan - "It sure was not just for her but for all of us."
A few minutes passed away, making the world clock turn from 6:29 to 6:30.
As soon as it hit 6:30 pm, Ryan's phone abruptly started ringing, completely waking up the sleeping Alex.
Alex got up from Ryan's lap, completely unaware of her current surroundings, and stretched her hands at the sound of her alarm clock.
She ended up hitting Ryan right in the face. This sudden contact with Ryan bought her back to her senses.
Alex - "Oops, sorry about that."
Ryan - "No need to apologize. It happens."
Ryan handed Amanda his phone and said, "It's Claire."
Amanda - "Oh yes, she is probably wondering why Alex hasn't returned home yet."
After handing the phone to Amanda, in the background, Ryan started to tickle Alex as revenge for hitting him.
Alex - "hahaha, stop. Why are you suddenly tickling me."
Ryan - "You didn't think you could punch and escape me, did you."
Amanda picked up the phone, "Hi."
Claire - "Hi, this is Claire. Who am I speaking with?"
Amanda - "This is Ryan's mother, Amanda."
Claire - "Oh, okay. I was calling to ask when you guys would drop Alex back. As it is already half past six."
Amanda - "Well, it will be a while."
Claire - "Why? Is the traffic really that bad?"
Amanda - "Well, things are slightly more complicated."
Alex - "Aaahaahaahha."
Claire - "What's that background noise?"
Amanda - "Hey, kids, stop fooling around. I am talking with someone."
Ryan - "Sorry."
Amanda - "Sorry about that. The kids were playing around, so where was I?"
Claire - "You were telling me things were more complicated than a traffic jam."
Amanda - "Ah yes, after brunch, we went out to explore the forest and encountered a criminal hideout."
Claire - "What?"
Amanda - "We, of course, ran away from this cave and called the cops."
"Right now, Nathan's gone to guide the cops to the cave. While we are sitting in our car waiting for him to return."
Claire - "Is anyone injured?"
Amanda - "Alex did injure her foot on our way back, but the emergency medic team on site quickly helped her out."
Claire - "Can I speak to her?"
Amanda - "Yes, of course."
Amanda then handed Ryan's phone to Alex.
Alex - "Hi, mom."
Claire - "Are you okay, dear?"
Alex - "Yes, mom, I am fine, just a small wound is all."
Claire - "You should be more careful when running."
Alex - "I know."
Claire - "If I knew this would happen, I would have never let you go on this picnic in the first place."
Alex - "We were having fun. No one could have seen this coming."
Claire - "That is true still. Having you go there alone was a big mistake on my part. I am coming there Right now!!."
Alex - "Mom, stop freaking out. You're embarrassing me. Everyone can hear you."
Ryan quickly grabbed the phone from Alex and said, "Everything is under control here. There is no need to come over."
However, Claire didn't let Ryan finish his sentence and immediately disconnected the phone.
Ryan - "Damn, she disconnected. Ahaha, another major headache."
Amanda - "Don't speak about her like that. She is still your girlfriend's mom."
"She might be a bit possessive and weird, but all she cares about is her precious little princess."
Alex - "No, it's fine. She is indeed a headache at times."
Alex then looked at the tensed and frustrated Ryan and said, "I am sorry."
Ryan - "It's not your fault, and mom is correct. No matter how Claire is, she is still your mother so never feel sad because of it."
"Instead, think of the positives of how much she cares and loves about you."
"I mean, there are so many kids out there who don't even have a mom. So be glad you at least have a mom, no matter how weird she might be."
Alex gave it a thought and replied, "I guess you are right. Having her as my mom is still much better than not even having a mom."
Amanda - "Owh, look at my two little love birds appreciating mothers."
Ryan - "Mom, come on, love birds, really? That sounds so cheesy."
Amanda - "Oh, what would you have me call you then?"
Ryan - "How about Romeo and Juliet."
Amanda - "Who?"
As Ryan was about to reply, he heard a sudden knock at his window and turned towards it and saw a smiling Claire looking inside.
Ryan - "AAAAARRRGGGHHH"
Alex saw Ryan scream and asked, "What happened?"
Then she saw Claire and let out a scream herself.
Meanwhile, Phoebe, who witnessed the scene, spoke in another universe, "Oh are we screaming? THIS SEEMS FUNN."