Chapter 50: Anime Production Issues

Having purchased a brand new animated work came the question of which animation studio Ryan should use to get the script animated.
There was also the question of who to use as a primary distributor. Although Ryan wasn't that concerned about who the distributor would be.
After all, with his current connections with the big six, he could practically approach any tv network, and they would be willing to give him airtime.
Ryan was more concerned about who would produce the anime as big animation companies like Funimation and Crunchyroll didn't exist in this universe.
Ryan - "Come to think, anime isn't that big in this world?"
Ryan then took out his mobile and started searching the web and found that he was correct. Anime had a pretty marginal audience in the US.
It was still prominent in Japan but hadn't spread as rapidly as it did in Ryan's original world.
It made sense, to be honest, big companies didn't exist, and streaming was still underground.
It was as if even though the technology existed, no one had thought of developing it in the entertainment industry.
All this left Ryan speechless about what he was supposed to do now.
He had wasted all his points buying a masterpiece only to find that there was no way to produce this masterpiece.
Then it finally hit Ryan. What if he produced the anime and started his own animation company?
That way, he would also be able to keep the complete copyright of the anime in his hand. It would also allow him to put the show for a re-run on Netflix without any problems.
Oh yeah, that's right, Ryan had finally convinced Nathan to allow him to invest his Mission Impossible money into Netflix. They were going to finalize the deal tomorrow evening.
The only problem is that Ryan had no clue how much it would cost to produce an anime, especially when there was a talent scarcity in the field.
Ryan, in his mind, "From what I had heard in my previous life, anime production was pretty costly. Even if it was cheaper here, I probably can't afford to do 25 episodes alone."
"I need my dad to be corporative and invest in the animation company. Now that's tough. I think I will bring this up after the Netflix deal."
"After all, what if he cancels the Netflix deal after hearing my new request to launch an anime? I can't take that risk. I want to be done with the Netflix deal once and for all."
The car soon reached Ryan's home, and Ryan headed inside. The first thing he did was get on the computer and start writing the Steins Gate episode one.
Two hours passed away quickly, and the light outside changed from bright to dark.
An alarm went off, and Ryan stopped typing. He had finished writing eight episodes. You see, his typing speed had slowly started to increase over time.
Just like the saying originating from the 1550s, "Practice makes you perfect."
Ryan then finally stretched and cracked his bones, creating a loud sound.
Ryan - "Damn, I am tired."
"That initial schedule is garbage. I really need to take some time off to chill and relax."
"I have a stable job that I like. I have a beautiful girlfriend and a rich as-f dad. Why the hell am I overworking myself to death?"
"I need to enjoy this new life more instead of continuously racking my brain on how to earn more money and points."
Ryan then swore to take care of himself and have regular breaks.
Ryan - "Looking back at today, I wonder what I did that changed the ending of the plot episode. No one even got close to the pool."
"I don't know. I guess there will always be elements that even I can't predict. After all, this isn't just a show anymore but life."
"Hey, by the way, wasn't I supposed to get skills when I buy stuff with the new update? So does that apply to anime?"
Ryan then opened his panel and found a new column called Subject Tree below skills. On further clicking, Ryan found that it showed the following -
[Subject Tree
Physics - Mastered up to Junior year in college (3rd year)
Mathematics - Mastered up to a sophomore year in college (2nd        year)]
Ryan - "What can I get full subject knowledge from my scripts? But how is this determined?"
[System transfers knowledge from the character to you. The knowledge level is random.]
Ryan - "Wait, doesn't that mean I could get the knowledge to build a flipping time machine?"
[It is always possible, but the chances of you drawing a universe-defying skill set is so low that the system is willing to take that risk.]
Ryan - "Damn, now I wish I did, but come to think of it, what would I even do with one?"
"I got everything there is to get. Hmm, maybe I will go check out how the future looks. That's probably it."
"Anyhow, there is no point in thinking about something that will never happen."
"I guess I should be happy with what I have. I can now one hundred percent make time to relax as I don't have to study two hard subjects."
"I wonder if I can draw a flying skill from one of those action Shonen manga's that would be hella epic."
Like this, the day finally came to an end.
(Author: Next will be the Netflix deal and then the long-awaited time skip, after which will be a picnic date with Alex.)