Chapter 61: Confronting Claire Again!!!

The screaming stopped shortly as they realized it wasn't some nightmarish devil smiling at them outside the window. Instead, it was Claire peeking through their car window.

Although it wasn't Ryan or Alex who found this out first, it was Amanda.

When she looked behind to understand what all this screaming was about, she immediately recognized that it was Claire standing outside.

Amanda - "Calm down, kids. It's just Claire."

Only then did Ryan and Alex calm down and take a few deep breaths.

After that, the car was silent for a moment before Alex spoke, "How did she get here so fast?"

Amanda- "Well, you can ask her that yourself."

Amanda then pulled open her door and stepped out of Nathan's car.

Seeing Amanda exit, Ryan spoke, "Okay, Alex, I am going to go out and chat with my mother-in-law. You can stay here."

Ryan then got out of the car while Alex was left there blushing red while murmuring, "D.id he. ju.st s.ay Mot..moth...er in..law?

Ryan, after exiting, didn't close the door but left it open so that Alex could hear and join the conversation if necessary.

Ryan - "Hi Claire, surprise seeing you here."

Claire replied while heading inside the car to check Alex's condition, "There is no need to be surprised. It is normal for a mother to care about her daughter's well-being."

Ryan - "No, I am just surprised at how quickly you arrived here, almost as if you never left."

Claire, who was getting out of the car door, looked extremely stunned and startled.

Claire, who was quiet for a second, replied, "I don't know what you mean?"

Alex - "Ryan is talking about how we just talked with you on the phone, and the next moment you are here standing in front of us."

Claire, who had gotten out and was standing in the parking lot, replied, "Oh, that you see, there was no traffic, so I drove as quick as I possibly could to come here to see you."

Amanda - "Or you never left."

Claire - "Oh please, after all that fuss they created, why would I continue to follow them?"

Ryan - "Hmm, very true I would believe you.."

Claire - "See, Alex Ryan believes me."

Ryan - "Let me finish. I would believe you if there wasn't mud stuck on your shoes."

Claire immediately looked at her shoes to find there was no mud on her shoes."

Alex -"Ha, he made you look."

Claire - "Oh, come on, that proves nothing."

Ryan stepped forward and touched Claire's dress, and said, "That might not, but this sure does."

Alex - "What is it?"

Ryan - "Fresh mud stains."

Claire - "How could that be? I changed my clothes to avoid those when exploring the forest."

Amanda, who saw that the dress was fine, spoke, "Brilliant, Ryan, you managed to bluff her into a confession."

Claire was left completely frozen and stunned, "W. Ha.t?

Ryan made a small finger gesture, smiled, and said," Just a little Sherlock Holmes is all."

Amanda -"Ah, I see, so you are acting like your character?"

Ryan - "Yeah, I do it sometimes to better understand the type of character I am writing." (Lies)

Alex - "Mom, I can't believe you followed us even after we caught you once."

Ryan - "Calm down, Alex, it's okay. I expect this from her, and you should too."

Amanda - "I get that you care about your children but is this really the image you want to build in their eyes."

"The image of a crazy stalker who would flow his children anywhere they go?"

Claire, who had been caught twice, couldn't take it anymore and burst into tears.

Alex - "Mom?"

Ryan and Amanda immediately headed for Claire and started comforting her.

Ryan immediately closed the car door, so Alex wouldn't see her mom in such a state.

Claire cried, "All I want is that my children don't make the same mistake I made. Is that too much to ask?"

Amanda - "No, but you need to understand to give them personal space."

Amanda then noticed Ryan close the door and said, "Ryan letting Alex see her like this is not good. You go inside and distract her while I will take care of Claire."

Ryan - "Okay."

Ryan then headed inside the car while Amanda and Claire headed outside towards the outskirts of the forest.

As Ryan got back inside, Alex immediately questioned him, "What happened?"

Ryan - "Uh, nothing. My mom took Claire to get some fresh air, is all."

Alex - "Ryan, don't you dare lie to me."

Ryan - "What lies? I am telling the truth."

Alex - "Ryan, you better stop lying to me, or we are done."

Ryan - "Fine, Claire had a mental breakdown and burst into tears. Are you happy now?"

Alex - "She cried?"

Ryan - "Yeah, today was probably too much for her, but don't worry, I am sure my mom will comfort her, and she will be fine."

Alex - "I hope so too."

Alex then kept her head on Ryan's shoulder and lay in Ryan's arms.

Ryan - "Don't worry, it's Claire. She will be fine no matter what."