Chapter 25: Normal Day

October 2nd was a very eventful day for Ryan.
It was the day Nathan purchased a hundred thousand shares of an underground company called Amazon.
It was also the day Nathan reviewed and delivered Mission Impossible to a certain Mr. Tom Cruise's agent.
Ryan received the latest news after returning home from school through a phone call.
Amanda – "Good you are here. Your father just called. He was looking for you. "
Ryan – "All right, I will give him a call. "
Ryan then picked up the landline and typed in Nathan's office landline number.
Ryan – "Hello, this is Ryan."
Elsa – "Hi there, Ryan. Let me transfer you over."
Ryan – "Thank you, Elsa."
Ryan didn't need to guess whom he spoke with as it could only be his father's company's receptionist.
Nathan – "Hello, Ryan."
Ryan – "How did you know it's me?"
Nathan – "There's a specific channel for family calls. Plus, I just told your mother to let you call me so she wouldn't be the one calling again for no reason."
Ryan – "Got it. So, what was so urgent that you couldn't wait to talk about it? Did Tom Cruise request a meeting? "
Nathan – "You ain't so lucky I called to let you know that your father managed to buy your Amazon Share at 4.479 today's low."
Ryan – "Oh."
Ryan was slightly disappointed. He wished that Tom would come to him at the earliest convenience. He urgently needed that big-money movie in his credentials, as once he had it, he could raise his asking price for the scripts in his hands.
Nathan – "Don't be so disappointed that there hasn't been any response yet. The good news is that my sources tell me he is searching for a new action spy movie, so the chances of him reading your script are very high."
Ryan – "Good"
Nathan – "All right, that's all the information I had."
Ryan – "All right, bye, have a good day. "
Nathan – "Bye."
As planned, Ryan then headed upstairs and started writing down the last few episodes of "The Hunting of hill house." After finishing this script, he started writing the Mr. Bean pilot.
When Nathan returned home, he saw Ryan sitting in the hall awaiting his return. Ryan saw Nathan and asked, "How was your day?"
Nathan – "Not bad. How about you?"
Ryan – "It was okay. I finished writing that horror TV show I have been distracted from for a while."
Nathan – "Email it to me, and I will help you spread the word."
Ryan – "I have a certain person in my mind for the character. Is there any way to get the studio on board?"
Nathan – "That depends on what the studio thinks. All we can do is write a suggestion."
Ryan – "Okay, do that. I will also hand over their agent's number in the email."
Nathan – "By the way, if you have actors in mind, then do you perhaps have a studio in mind as well."
Ryan – "I was thinking I don't want to be on any of the big six bad sides."
Ryan, in his mind, added a yet after that sentence.
Nathan – "I see, so you want to focus on Warner Brothers and NBC."
Ryan – "Yeah, we were rude by not even listening to their offer last time."
Nathan – "True, but I doubt they would offer a better deal than Fox."
Ryan – "That's beside the point plus, from what I saw, they lack a good horror show, so I want to eat at that gap."
Nathan – "I will arrange a meeting as soon as possible."
Ryan – "Tomorrow?"
Nathan – "I will try, but it depends on them."
The day soon passed, and the time came to a Saturday. This Saturday was memorable for an excellent reason. It was the day Claire got permission and invited him for breakfast at the Dunphy house.
Ryan got dressed and wore a light blue hoodie with black pants. He then headed over and rang the doorbell at Phil's house.
Phil – "Oh, it's my homie Ryan-inator."
Ryan – "What?"
Claire's voice came from the kitchen, "Ignore him."
Haley – "I still don't understand why Alex's boyfriend gets to hang out at our house all the time, but you won't let me bring Dylan over."
Ryan – "For starters, I live right across from your house while Dylan lives far off."
Haley – "Still, they are unfair."
Alex came downstairs from her room and replied, "It's because he has a good repour in this family."
Claire – "Girls settle down. Where's Luke?"
Luke headed down towards the dining table and spoke, "Here."
Claire – "All right, everyone sits down. We will have mac n cheese pasta for breakfast."
Luke – "Ooh, my favorite."
Everyone started digging in and managed to eat Claire's cooking entirely.
Ryan then sat down and chatted with Alex on the sofa while Haley headed back to her room and Luke and Phil headed to the backyard to play.
Alex – "Guess what?"
Ryan – "What."
Alex – "I managed to finish the book that you wrote. It was amazing. It kept me thoroughly entertained and grasped throughout the book."
Ryan – "oh, cool."
Alex – "I was expecting a bigger reaction."
Ryan – "Well, I am quite happy that it managed to entertain you thoroughly."
Alex – "Better."
"So, what are you doing tonight? If you are free, we can go for a walk in the park together."
Ryan – "Sure, why not."
Ryan and Alex then went for a walk and spent quality time together.
Like that the whole Saturday afternoon was spend by Ryan on Alex.
Ryan pushing Alex on the swing suddenly dropped the bomb and asked, "Hey Alex I have been meaning to ask should we start dating?"
Alex - "Yes of course?"
Ryan - "I mean I hang out at your house anyway now at least I would have a justifiable reason."
"Wait what did you say?"
Alex - "To be honest I thought you would never ask with how slow you were going."
In a world far, far away, an author had a crazy idea. He wanted to start a new book about an ordinary doctor reborn into a body of a teen genius who was about to start Harvard medical School.
The only issue was that it was not the year 2022 but 1900. How would a doctor rise and help reform a period where surgery was done through barbaric means.
Also find out next time how would an Author who has no idea about medicine and doctors started writing a medical simulation novel.