Chapter One

"Okay, what's a negative times a negative?" Finney asked and Robin groaned "Positive." He simply replied and rested his cheek in his palm, clearly uninterested. He wasn't having fun doing math homework all day, but if it was with Finney, than he figured it would be okay.

They got through it surprisingly quickly, well surprising for Finney. Robin already knew most of the stuff on the papers, but he was only really failing because well, he didn't care. Well he did, he wanted to pass, but he just didn't want to try.

Robin leaned back in his chair nd sighed after finally completing his schoolwork and Finney smiled. "Hey Finn, what time is it?" Robin asked and Finney shrugged before looking around for a clock. "About 2:30, why?" He asked and Robin groaned "What time do you have to be home?", Finney scrunched up his face in confusion "I... don't know?" He said slowly and Robin frowned.

"Why? What's up?" Finney asked and Robin opened his mouth to answer before he heard a soft thud on the door. "Hold on." He said and got up, Finney nodding and watched as he walked over to the door. There was nobody there, that was for sure, hut he looked down and instead saw a newspaper, on his doorstep. "Oh." He simply whisperer and bent down to pick it up.

He couldn't be bothered to really read it, be didn't read that much anyway, but he kept it anyway for his uncle, he liked to keep up on everything I'm the newspaper for some reason.

"What is it?" Finney asked and Robin shrugged "Just the 'paper." He said and held it up slightly for Finney to see. Finney nodded as Robin walked back over, tossed it on the table, and sat back down next to Finney.

"Anyway, my uncle gets home at 7:00 right?" Robin said in reference to their previous conversation. "Uh, yeah?" Finney questioned, still very confused. "There's this thing going on tonight..." Robin started, beginning to get kind of nervous. For one, he didn't know if Finney would 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 to go with him, and even if he did, would his dad even let him.

"There's a double feature at the drive in theater at seven', thought maybe you'd wanna go." He finally said and Finney smiled. "Depends, whats showing?" He asked and Robin sighed "Enter The Dragon..." And Finney face lit up "... or Texas Chainsaw Massacre..." He mumbled and Finneys smile fell slightly.

He always wanted to see it, Robin always wanted him to see it, but then again, what would his dad say if he found out? He paused for just a moment before answering. "I-I'll go!" He said and Robin smiled in relief.

He didn't really care about what his dad would say, in fact, he wasn't going to tell. him at all, as long as he got to spend the night with Robin, it really didn't matter to him.

"But uh, what about your dad? Would he 'kill you'?" He joked, still not knowing the full extent his father could go. Although he was doing better, who knows what he could do.

"I'll uh... take care of it." He said and got up from his chair. "Can I...?" He asked and pointed at the phone and Robin nodded, quickly catching on. Finney entered his own number into the phone and waited a few moments before someone answered. "Hello, this is Gwen Blake." She answered and Finney smiled slightly.

"Hey Gwen!" He said back "Oh hey, what's up?" Gwen asked and Finney sighed "Can I talk to dad?" He asked and Gwen agreed. She covered the phone with her hand though muffled words could still be heard as she shouted at her father.

"DADDY? FINNEY WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!" She yelled and muffled noises could be heard before her father spoke. "Hey bud, what's up?" He asked "I have a question." He simply responded. ”Mhm, yeah?" He said and Finney sighed "I wanted to go to the movies, with Robin." He said slowly and his father paused and sighed.

"I...I just..." He started before finally responded "What time does it start?" He asked and Finney looked back at Robin "What time does the movies start?" He asked quietly "Like, 7:00." He said and Finney nodded "Around 7:00." He told his father, who stopped yet again "I... I guess that's fine." he finally said and Finney smiled.

"O-Okay! Thanks!" He said "Mhm, love you bud." He said and Finney paused yet again "Yeah uh, you too, bye!" He said and quickly hung up the phone.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩, 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙨𝙖𝙥