Chapter Three

Robin looked over at Finney and furrowed his brows. "You alright?" He whispered and Finney seemed to snap out of a trance he was in. His eyes were wide and he had bit his bottom lip to try and distract himself from his 'bad thoughts' and his hands where pinned under his thighs to avoid any unnecessary flinching or moving about.

"Ah... Yeah." He simply said. He didn't want to tell Robin he was scared, he wasn't supposed to be scared of a 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚 for gods sake. He had only said it once to Robin, and never again. Robin was tough, Robin wasn't scared of anything it seemed, and Finney, well Finney killed The Grabber. He was supposed to feel brave wasn't he? Then why didn't it feel that way.

Robin caught on to his lie, but didn't say anything, he just scooted closer to Finney and brushed his hand against his before quickly retracting. Though I guess that was enough to calm Finney down for the time being.

———–

The movie had come to an end, it was around 8:30 now and both boys sat in the car, eating snacks and waiting for Robins uncle to return. Maybe twenty minutes ago he 'went to the bathroom', which in reality was an excuse to get out of the car and go take a 'smoke break'.

"What did you think?" Robin asked and Finney looked at him confused. "About the movie I mean..." He said and Finney paused. "I-I... I liked it!" He said as Robin smiled slightly. He didn't really, not as much as he was letting onto, it was a good movie, but it made him.. uncomfortable. Robin on the other hand, he was just glad he got to spend more time with Finney.

His uncle returned a few minutes later and hopped into the front seat of the car. "Alright, we ready to take off?" He asks and Finney nodded "Yeah I guess..." He said and Sebastian started up the engine.

"Want me to drop you off at your place?" He asked and Finney nodded again "That'd be nice, thanks." He said and Sebastian smiled "No problem." He replied. Robin sighed as the car pulled out and they sped down the road, he didn't 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 Finney to leave, and that's how it was every time.

Finney didn't want to leave either, but of course, it was a school night, and his father would probably kill him if he wasn't home as soon as possible. "How'd you like the movie?" Sebastian asked and Finney shrugged "It was a good movie for sure..." He mumbled back and have a weak smile, to which Sebastian simply nodded in response to.

There was an awkward atmosphere after that, the ride was mostly in silence, no one really interacted with each other aside from a few glances exchanged between Robin and Finney.

———–

The car came to a stop in front of Finneys house as he unbuckld his seatbelt. "Alrighty! Were here!" Sebastian said and Finney nodded. "See you tomorrow Finn." Robin said and put a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, see you... tomorrow." Finney said as he locked eyes with Robin for just a bit to long.

"Have a good night kiddo." Sebastian said and Finney nodded, hopping out of the car in the process. "Thanks, you too." He replied as he walked over to his front door.

He turned the key in the lock as the car sped off and opened the door slowly, lightly walking through the halls and peaking around the corner, just out of instinct. Tonight, all he saw I'm the living room was a single cigarette on the carpet, no empty bottles, no Terrence passed out on the recliner, and nothing to worry about.

He sighed in relief as he walked down to his bedroom, though he froze in his tracks as soon as he got to the door. A figured, standing in the dimly lit hallway, he gasped a bit before they moved, just enough for them to be identified in the moonlight shining through he window.

"Why are you home so late!" Gwen whisper yelled and Finney sighed once again. "I was uh... watching a movie with Robin..." He mumbled and Gwen crossed her arms "What movie?" She asked and his paused for just a second. "Just Enter The Dragon.." He replied and she rolled her eyes "Of course..." She said under her breathe before return her attention to Finney.

"Oh... well uhm, just let me know next time." She said before walking away. Finney furrowed his brows in confusion as he watched her walk out, he didn't understand why it even bothered her.

The truth was, Gwen was scared. Not for herself, but for Finney. The Grabber, he was gone, but that didn't mean there weren't other bad people out there, and those were the people she had to worry about. Finney could defend himself, but there's always that slight chance, the chance someone caught him off guard, just as a the Grabber had before.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄 𝙜𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙨. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙢𝙜.