Chapter Twenty-Four

"Uhm... thanks for your help." Finney said to Buzz as they both walked out of the classroom. "Yeah, it's whatever." Buzz said as he quickly walked away. Finney was still a little confused on why Buzz would even talk to him in the first place, but he figured he'd thank him for his help anyway.

Finney looked at Buzz as he walked away, and was a little startled when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Hey man, what was that?" Robin asked, Finney calmed down a bit, realizing it was only Robin, but took a small step back, it felt weird being close to him now, it felt nice, but weird.

"Huh? Oh, I was just doing an assignment with Buzz." Finney muttered, kind of ashamed. He knew Robin absolutely hated Buzz for what he did to Finney, Robin sighed. "You're weird for that." He remarked and laughed a little, trying to show it was all in good spirit. Finney laughed a bit too "Yeah..." He mumbled.

Robin and Finney walked to 6th period together, mostly in silence, but the kids chatting and rushing through the hallways made up for Robin and Finneys silence.

Robin and Finney sat down, a few desks away from each other. They always hated their assigned seating arrangements before, but now it kind of made it less awkward between them since they didn't have to sit together

But, they still were friends right? They just needed space from each other. That happens sometimes, it was normal. Well, no... it wasn't normal, nothing was normal right now, but at least they could pretend it was, for a while at least.

It wasn't supposed to be awkward, but everything felt tense. The two boys snuck glances at each other from across the room, whenever their eyes met they'd look away. Why did everything have to be this way? Why did Finney have to be so stubborn? Why couldn't be just accept his own feelings and suck it up so everything would be okay again?

Stupid, it was all so stupid. They weren't going to let this ruin things, right? Well... it sure seems like it.