Chapter Seventeen

It was now passing period after his fifth class of the day, he tried his best to ignore Robin, but it just wasn't working out. This wasn't what he wanted, I mean, he didn't want to talk to Robin for now, but he didn't want to ignore him either.

Sixth period, science. The might make him feel better. He loved science, it was one of the only classes he looked forward too in school, maybe that would... distract him.

He shut his locker and walked to his science class. He tried keep8ng his head down, he didn't really want to see anyone he knew, he just wanted to think.

Though of course, he had to, it was science, and he had to sit with Donna. He didn't necessarily hate the idea, but at the same time he didn't really want to. He liked Donna, a lot, but lately he's just been feeling... different about her, and he was pretty sure he knew why.

The thought made him a little uncomfortable, he didn't want to to be true, he just wanted to be 𝙣𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙡. But ever since last month, things have been anything but normal. Everything he had on his mind, he couldn't talk to anyone about, besides Robin, but now, he couldn't talk to him either.

He was scared, scared to talk to him, look at him, even being near him he didn't want to do, because he knew it would make it worse. He didn't want everyone to be right, he didn't want to share his feelings, and he didn't want to admit it, admit he was nothing but a-

Suddenly, he was broken from his thoughts from the soft thud on the desk next to him of Donna setting her things onto that desk, the ring if the bell, and Donna herself sitting down.

"Hey Finn!" Shes said with a smile on her face, Finneys heart dropped and his face twisted into an awkward smile. "Hi." Is all he could get out. He didn't want her to call him that, he never asked her to, be didn't want her to, nobody called him that, not even his own sister, and now, not even Robin.

"You alright?" She asked and a concerned look grew on her face. Finney nodded, "Yeah, just tired." He lied, Donna seemed to accept the answer for now, but kept sneaking suspicious glanced at Finney when he wasn't looking.

———–

Finney was tapping the earlier of his pencil nervously on his desk, leaving a soft thud each time the tip hit the wood, his eyes remained glued to the teacher aside from the occasional glance at his notebook. He was nervous, he felt sick for some reason. He didn't know why, it just suddenly came over him while he was thinking.

Thinking... thinking about the past month. Everything was messed up, ever since it happened nothing was the same, and that was fucking with him. He didn't want anything the change, he hated change, he just wanted thing to go back to how they were before.

This past month was hard, hard to do anything. The first week after his release, he couldn't sleep, every time he closed his eyes he saw them, the kids, the kids Albert Shaw relentlessly killed, and how he could've been one of them. The second week after his release he couldn't go to school. Every time he walked down that street he felt a sense of dread come over him, he knew he was gone, butt hatd didn't stop any of the other psychopaths in Denver.

The third week after, he went to school, but most of his classes were just too much, he even had to quit baseball for a while, Robin was the only one there for him. The fourth week after, the one month mark, everything seemed normal, it seemed to be gettin better, and the the fifth week, this week, what Robin did just made everything so different.

He felt Robin was one of the only one he could talk to, he was telling only other person who was left that experienced it. He was the only one who wouldn't think Finney was crazy, and now, he couldn't talk to him either.