Chapter Nine

"Night Finney, love yah." Gwen said Finney furrowed his brows and rolled over on his bed to face his sister. "Don't say that, it's weird." Finney said and Gwen looked at him confused "Good night...?" Gwen asked slowly and Finney sighed. "No... never mind, goodnight Gwen." He simply said and closed his eyes.

Gwen just looked at him, even more confused for a few seconds before turning around and closing his door. Finney had been acting... weird, everyone noticed, but no one said anything. They all figured it had something to do with what happened, and yeah, it did, but there was more to it.

Gwen didn't ask him about it either, she wanted to but she didn't, it was late, maybe tomorrow she would...

----

"Finney! Breakfast!" Gwen called out, rushing twords his room and bursting open the door. Finney gasped, surprised at the sudden noise  "What?" He asked slowly. "I said breakfast is ready." She said, Finney furrowed his brows. "Okay..." He mumbled, Gwen smiled.

He slowly got up from his bed, he seemed exhausted, and rightfully so. Practice the other day really took a lot out of him surprisingly. Well, it surprised him at least.

"I'll be there in a minute." He said, Gwen gave him a doubtful look, but just nodded and walked out of his room.

He quickly shut the door, changed his clothes and brushed through his hair, he recognized that if he took much longer he'd be late by the time he finished breakfast.

He rushed out to the dining room to fine Gwen stuffing her mouth full of food. She just waved him over and he nodded. there was already a player, presumably for him on the table.

It wasn't a great breakfast, but it would be good, to anyone but Finney that is. Bacon and scrambled eggs that was it. He stared at the plate for a second, the two, then three, then-

"Finney?" He heard Gwen say, his eyes widened before he quickly turned to her. "You wanna stare at that any longer or are you gonna eat?" She asked and Finney paused.

"I don't... like eggs." He finally said, Gwen laughed  laughed like it was some kind of joke. "Yeah whatever." She said and rolled her eyes.

Finney picked up the fork and scooped of a small portion of eggs with it, he hesitated for a moment before finally deciding to eat it.

It didn't taste right, not how it used to anyway, it tasted wrong, all wrong, it was disgusting. It left a sour taste in his mouth, causing him to make a face.

"What's with the face?" His father asked, Finney suddenly turning to him, he did you respond, he just answered with another question. "May I be excused?" He answered, his father looked at him, a little disappointed but just nodded.

———–

"I'm heading out Gwen." Finney called, Gwen scrambled to her feet from the table. "You better wait!" She said before rushing off to her room to grab her school bag. She slipped on her shoes and met Finney at the doorway.

"Bye daddy!" Gwen yelled through the door, her father smiled at her. "Have a good day at school, love you." He said, Finney cringed and muttered a simple "Yeah." Before shutting the door behind them.

———–

"Fess up Finney!" Gwen said, almost immediately after the door closed, Finney looked at her confused. "What's up with you?" She said, Finney shrugged. "You're being all weird and.. and like, you're acting so miserable." She said, Finney crossed his arm. "Really?" He said, she nodded. "Yeah, really." She responded  Finney shrugged again.

"I'm not." He said, she shook her head "Yes you are." She said. Finney didn't respond, only looked away. "I'm you're 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧! You think I don't realize when somethings up?" She said, Finney shrugged. "Nothings up, there's not anything to realize." He said, Gwen rolled her eyes.

"Finney." She said in a warning tone, he turned to her, trying to look at nonchalant as possible, it wasn't working. "I-" she started, but stopped, she looked forward again, turning to the massive crowd outside of Finney middle school.

Oh god.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙔𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙧, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝, 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝘿𝙮𝙨𝙜𝙚𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙖 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙤. 𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙄 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣.