Chapter Eleven

"Hey Finn!" Robin greeted as he walked out of the school. "Hey Robin, how was Mrs. Thatchers?" He asked and he scoffed, Robin spent and entire hour in the office having a "talk" with a specific someone about his 'violent behavior', and now that school had ended, Finney could finally ask him about it.

"Nothing really, it's same thing every time." Robin said, Finney nodded. Robin always got sent to the office, and always came out with a slap on the wrist, this time was no different.

Before Finney could respond, they were interrupted by Gwen. "Hi guys!" She said quickly as the rushed up to the two boys "Hey Gwen." Finney said, Gwen looked at the two for a second before speaking up. "I'm guessing you're going to Robin's again?" She questioned, Finney nodded.

She made a "hmph" noise under her breath before crossing her arms. "Yeah okay, but we need to talk when you get back." She said and narrowed her eyes at Finney. He felt a pit in his stomach as he nodded and she walked off.

"What was that about?" Finney shrugged. "I-I don't know." He said slowly, Robin furrowed his brows. "Hey Finn?" Robin asked, Finney hummd and looked at him in response.

"Are you okay?" He asked, a seemingly out of pocket question. This made Finney panic, no, no he was not, but he couldn't tell Robin, because Robin would ask why, and he couldn't tell him why, because he didn't know.

"Yeah." Finney said, that was all he could get out, his breath was shakey. Another words and he might have broke right there.

"You sure? You just look a little... tired." Robin said hesitantly, there was more he wanted to say, but he didn't say it, he didn't want to make any assumptions.

"I just had a rough night." Finney reassured after a few seconds of silence to regain his composure. "Alright." Is all Robin said in response.

----

They arrived at Robins house and as Robin unlocked the door he found the house to be empty, as usual. Robin stepped aside for Finney to enter and followed behind him before shutting the door.

Robin sighed before he spoke up "I figured we could hang out in my room, if that's alright with you. " Robin said, Finney nodded. "Yeah, yeah that's fine." Finney responded and Robin smiled.

They walked into his room and Robin immediately sat down on his bed after shutting the door, Finney did the same. "Hey Finn?" Robin questioned, "What?" Finney responded.

"I have a question." He said, "Shoot." Finney responded and Robin sighed "You know Donna, right?" He asked, Finney nodded. "Yeah, what about her?" He asked, he felt his face heat up.

He'd never seen Robin tall to Donna, so he didn't know why he was bringing her up all the sudden. "Are you friends with her?" He asked, his tone changed, Finney didn't know how exact, it just did. "I... I guess? I don't know, I mean we're lab partner so..." Finney said, he didn't know how to finish. Where they friends? Or was Donna just being nice. Maybe she felt bad for him, after what happened, maybe that's the only reason they talked..

"Oh." Is all Robin said, Finney looked at him confused, he looked upset, did he do something wrong? He didn't.. Right?

"Hey Finn?" Robin said again, "Yeah?" Finney responded. "Can I do something?" He asked, Finney furrowed his brows. "Do what?" He asked, Robin looked down. "You just have to trust me." He said, Finney didn't respond.

"Finn?" Robin questioned, looking back up at Finney. "Okay, fine." Finney said. Robin smiled weakly. Robin felt his heart beating faster, was he seriously going to do this? Well, I guess he was, he had to, it was now or neve-

"ROBIN?" they heard a voice shout from somewhere in the house. Robin paused and finally looked away from Finney. "Hold on-" he said quickly before jumping from his bed and rushing out of the bedroom.

He was greeted with the sight of his uncle, he had just gotten back from work, he had an odd look on his face, Robin couldn't tell if he was mad or sad or anything really, but the next thing he said gave him a pretty good idea.

"We need to talk."