Christmas Special

𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙖 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨! 𝙀𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!

𝘿𝙄𝙎𝘾𝙇𝘼𝙄𝙈𝙀𝙍: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙋𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙨

      Christmas Eve, that was today, Finney wasn't necessarily excited, he never had anyone to celebrate it with besides Gwen and even then, they hardly got anything besides some candy and maybe some money if they were lucky.

Finney was sitting on his bed, alone. He had his chin resting in his palms as he sighed. He didn't have much in his room, he normally did homework when he got home, but it was winter break and there was none of that to do.

Just then he heard the phone ring, loudly, he flinched a bit before jumping up to answer it before his dad could get mad. He took the phone off the hook "Hello? Blake residence speaking." He simply said before he heard a quick reply from a familiar voice.

"Hey, Finn? It's Robin." He said back, Finney sighed, relieved he didn't have to wake up his dad in case it was a call for him. "Hey Robin, what's up?" He said and lowered his voice, becoming aware if the noise coming from his fathers room.

"Hey so like, it's Christmas Eve right, I was wondering if maybe you wanted too..." Robin started but hesitated to finish. "If I wanted too...?" Finney asked, he heard a sigh on the other end. "Maybe come over here and like, spend it at my place." He said, his voice got a little quieter.

Finneys face lit up, he tried to hide the excitement in his voice, to no avail. "Y-Yeah of course! If, if my dad says I can!" He said quickly, his voice a little shake, he heard a quiet laugh from the other end.

"Just call me back and let me know, 'kay? I did give you my number right?" He asked, "Yeah you did, talk to you later Robin." He said, his voice still excited "Alright, bye Finn." He said before Finney out the phone back on the hook and hung up.

Finney waited a couple if seconds before slowly walking over to his fathers closed door. He softly knocked on it. "Dad?" He asked quietly. There was a few seconds of silence before he heard a response. "Yeah Finney?" He asked, his words were slurred, Finney hesitated to even ask.

"I was wondering if..."  He started, but stopped halfway "If what kiddo?" His dad asked, Finney was confused before he understood. Sometimes when his dad was super drunk, he'd just become a different person, a nice person, a relaxed person. Finney was glad he could him in one if these moods.

"If I could spend the night at Robins." He spat out, there was no answer for a few seconds before his dad opened the door. "Finney..." His father mumbled, Finney suddenly felt panicked as he took a slight step back to put enough distance between them that his father couldn't do something bad.

"It's Christmas even, why would you want to spend it there, and not here, with your family?" He asked softly, Finney stayed silent, he didn't want to answer.

"I... I just wanted to spend time with friends outside of school. I'll be back in the morning, I promise." He pleaded, though he still tried not to sound too desperate. His father sighed once again.

"Fine just, go get your stuff." His father said reluctantly, Finneys face lit up and he smiled. He rushed to his room and packed a few things for the night, before informing Gwen , calling Robin, and convincing his father to drive him.

When he arrived  his dad didn't even bother to wait a bit, he just drove off. Finney knocked on the door, and Robin answered quickly. "Hey Finn!" He said, excitement in his voice, Finney waved "Hi Robin." He said shyly. He peaked around the corner to see a tall man who looked a lot like Robin but... older, and a woman who seemed to he his mother.

He assumed the man was his uncle, Robin talked about his family a lot, and Finney was nervous to actually meet them. "C'mon, it's cold out there." Robin said and grabbed Finneys hand, pulling him inside.

Finney felt his heart beating faster, partially because of the sudden contact, and partially because all eyes were how on him. "Finn, that's my uncle Sebastian, and my mom Selena." Robin said as he pointed to then both.

Before Finney got a chance to speak, Robins mom spoke up. "Oh! You're Finney correct? Robin talks about you all the time, you must be such a sweet boy!" She exclaimed Finney smiled shyly and Robin just rolled his eyes.

"Oh that is true, Robin talks about you all the time here, it's nice to finally meet you." Sebastian said with a cheeky grin, Robin just looked down, his cheeks flushed red. "N-Nice to meet you too sir." Finney stuttered out, he was still nervous, he felt really embarrassed. Though Sebastian just chuckled, not to make fun of him, but in a friendly way, Finney immediately felt kroe comfortable.

"Can we just go?" Robin said, still embarrassed Sebastian nodded "Yes yes, go on." He said and waved them off to Robins room. As soon as they entered Finney was awestruck. Posters, comics, magazines, Robin had the coolest room ever, he even had an entire electric guitar.

"Your room is awesome!" Finney exclaimed, Robin smiled "Thanks man." He said and walked over and sat on his bed, Finney was hesitant to follow.

"I'm glad you came, Finn." Robin said with a smile, Finney felt his face heat up a bit and he smiled slightly. "Ah! I actually got you something, for Christmas." He said, Finney looked at him confused. "You got 𝙢𝙚 something?" He asked, Robin nodded "Duh, you're my friend." He said and smiled, Finney frowned.

He hadn't gotten Robin 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜, he didn't expect to get anything either, he felt terrible. "You didn't have to." He said Robin shrugged "Yeah, but I wanted to." Is all he said back.

———–

Finney had an amazing time at Robins, his family was great too, and Robin made it better. After dinner, they stayed up late, really late, and before they knew it, it was 11:59 PM

Robin glanced at the clock, before his eyes returned to Finney. "Hold on a sec." He said and got up, before opening a drawer he had. Finney looked at him confused.

Robin sat back down and handed Finney something, neatly wrapped. "Robin..." Finney mumbled, he still felt bad. "I didn't get you anything! I can't take this." He said and tried handing it back, Robin crossed his arms. "I don't care Finney! You have too!" He said, Finney sighed.

He gently pealed off the wrapping paper, careful to try an not rip it while Robin watched intently. He opened a small box and pulled out something.

A small, miniature rocket, Finneys eyes lit up as he examined it. He found a button ok the side, to which he presses it and the bottom lit up, he smiled. "So... What do you think?" He asked, Finney looked up.

"Th-Thank you, so much! " Is all he said, Robin smiled, relieved. He glanced at the clock again, 12:00 AM. Robin suddenly got a little nervous "Uhm... merry Christmas Finn." He said and smiled, Finney smiled back "Merry Christmas." He said back and gave Robin a huge hug.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝙤𝙢𝙜 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨. 𝙈𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝘾𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚! 𝙄𝙡𝙮𝙜 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙙𝙖𝙮!