Chapter Thirteen

Finney left the house... confused. Was was Robin even trying to do, it wouldn't be something bad would it? Why did Robin seem so nervous, and why did he all the sudden have to leave.

He had all these thoughts in his head he had completely forgotten about Gwen. Almost immediately he saw her, walking put from the living room, he could hear the TV on and there was no sight of his dad anywhere.

"Wow... That was fast." She said and Finney shrugged "Yeah I guess..." He responded and Gwen just nodded before changing the subject.

"Anyways, Finney, I need to talk to you."
She said, that's when that feeling cane back, the pit in his stomach. "Now" he asked, she nodded "Now." She said back

Gwen dragged him to his own room and sat on his bed. "You've been... acting weird, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. And I asked know you have to tell me what's wrong!" She said quickly, Finney didn't responded for a few seconds.

"Nothings wrong." He said, she narrowed her eyes at him "You always say that..." She mumbled and Finney sighed, he didn't know what to say he felt fine, sometimes, be didn't even know what was wrong. He didn't feel weird, he didn't feel weird, he didn't feel like he was acting weird, was he really?

He stayed silent and Gwen sighed "It's either you tell me or I find out Finney, I'm you're sister you can talk to me." She said, and with that, she left the room.

Finney sat there confused. Was he being weird? He had to have been, even Robin noticed, he did too, he knew something was wrong, but he didn't know what and that's why he couldn't tell her, tell Gwen.

He laid down on his bed, he didn't have much to do after school, and of course because he had to leave Robins, he really had nothing to do.

He stared at the ceiling for a few minute's just thinking. Did Robin get in trouble? Maybe... but then again, that wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

He sighed and rolled over on his side. Maybe he'd take a nap, or maybe he'd just fall asleep right there. Another night without dinner couldn't hurt, and besides, he was exhausted, bored, an
confused, at this rate, it would take take long before he fell asleep...

———–

"Finney..."

"Finney!"

"Finney wake up!"

Finney groaned, and rolled over on his side, he didn't want to wake up yet, he didn't even know how long he'd been asleep for, let alone what time it was now.

"Finney, come on!" Gwen complained and Finney groaned again. Friday, he was sort of relieved, sure, he liked school, but he had just been pretty... off this week.

"I don't wanna get up..." He whined as he curled up on his bed, Gwen scoffed. "You're acting like a two year old Finney!" She said and he sighed, before finally sitting up on his bed.

She stared at him for a few seconds before furrowing her brows "So are you just gonna sit there or are you gonna get ready for school?" She asked, he shrugged "Do I have a choice?" He asked, she shook her head "Nope."Breakfast She replied, he smiled slightly "Okay, fine." He finally said, Gwen smiled back.

———–

"Breakfasts ready!" Gwen said as she saw Finney walk out into the dining room after getting ready. "I'm not-" Finney started, Gwen cut him off "It's pancakes since you 'don't like eggs'." She mocked, yet still held the innocent smile on her face. Finney sighed and didn't respond and just walked over to the table  and sat down next to her.

Their father was on the recliner, reading the newspaper and sipping a cup of coffee, probably for the best, he didn't want his father to try and make any sort of conversation with him at the moment, in fact, he didn't really want to talk to anyon, well... anyone here at least.

"So Finney..." Gwen started, Finney turned to her and hummed in response. "Robin called yesterday." She said, Finney furrowed his brows "He did?" He asked, she nodded. "Yeah." She replied, but didn't elaborate further. It felt like it was on purpose, like she was teasing him about something.

"Did he... say anything? About... me?" He asked slowly, she shrugged "Hey, we're leaving soon anyway hm? Why not just ask him at school?" she suggested, Finney sighed, he didn't really want to wait, he just wanted her to tell him, but he didn't want to argue either, he didn't have the energy, so he just nodded.

Gwen was being weird today, not like her normal self anyway, though he guessed everything had been weird, Robin, Gwen, kids at school, and apparently even him, everything was weird right now, it's hard to think what caused this only happened a month ago.

It felt like it was ages ago, almost like it never happened, like somehow his brain was just trying to erase it all and make him forget, then again when he really thought about it, he remembered it, all of it, like it was just yesterday.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙪𝙩! 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙨𝙤 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨! 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙄 𝙛𝙧 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨❤❤❤