2 - New Neighbor

*Mia's pov*

It's a sunny day in Boston even though it's pretty cold...Christmas is coming!
I just moved here from Springfield and I'm a nurse, I'm workin in a hospital not to far from my new house and since today is my free day I decided to go buy some last decorations for my house like little plants and such.
Arriving back in the drive way, after parking my car I grab the bags and start to walk to the door, until a sweet voice makes me stop.
I look around myself but see no one.
"Over here!" It says again and when I turn towards the fence that dived my property from my neighbor's I see a little hand coming out of a hole in the fence.
"Hi! Who are you?" I ask getting nearer
"Gwace"
"Grace? That's a beautiful name! I'm Mia"
"Hi!"
"Baby girl what are you doing? Let's get inside it's cold!" A male voice says
"Daddy I met our neighbor!"
"Oh yeah?"
"Uhuh!"
I stand up and see the man on the other side of the fence as he picks up his daughter
"Hello, I'm Chris"
"Mia, nice to meet you"
"My pleasure, so our new neighbor uh?"
"Yep! This is a lovely place, very quiet"
"Yeah it is"
"And your daughter is such a sweetheart"
"You are beautiful" the little girl says
"Thank you, you are too! Anyway I shall go in and get warm, it was nice meeting you both!"
"Ehy, why don't...why don't you come over and drink some hot chocolate with us? I was making it anyway"
"Hot cocoa!" Grace says excitedly
"Uhm...why not. Let me just put this things inside"
"Take your time!"

I quickly put inside the bags and let out a little scream...that's Chris Evans!!!
I'm a fan of his work but not a crazy fan girl, I just think that he is a talented actor...and handsome...
Grabbing my house keys I walk to his front door and knock.
"Hey again!" Chris says opening it "please make yourself at home"
"Thank you, I like your place"
"Thanks!"
"Mia do you want to come with me on the couch?" Grace says to me as she grabs my hand
"Sure"
I sit on the comfy couch with her on my legs and gently bounce her up and down
"Do you like snow?" She asks
"I do, do you?"
"Yes! Like frozen!"
"You are a little frozen?"
"Oh you can bet, she knows all the songs!" Chris says coming in and handing me a cup of hot cocoa and his daughter her sippy cup with the same beverage
"Carefully baby girl, it's hot"
He sits next to me and for some time we just drink our hot chocolate, then we start making conversation
"By the way, i loved the character you portrayed in the Nanny diaries and in Before we go, the end made me cry"
"Oh, well thank you, I really appreciate it!"
"And don't worry I'm a fan of your work but I never stalked you and I have not intention to and I'm not crazy"
"Ahahah don't worry, I didn't think you were"
"Thank god"
"So...you're from here?"
"Springfield, moved here for work"
"Mhm...what do you do?"
"I'm a nurse in the local hospital"
"The one four blocks away?"
"Yep!"
"Nice! And what about Christmas, going back to your family?"
"Uhm no...my parents are not here anymore and I'm an only child. I only have a best friend but she lives in Greece now and this year she can't make it back unfortunately"
"Oh...I'm so sorry I shouldn't have asked"
"No don't worry, you couldn't have known"
"So Christmas alone?"
"That's the plan..."
"What if you change it?"
"And do what,  going in pubs?"
"I have a big family and I'm sure one more seat at my moms table isn't going to hurt anyone"
"Chris I can't, it's too much. Plus you just met me!"
"I know but I have a good feeling...I don't know you seem very..."
"Very what?"
"Special"
"You are going to make me blush neighbor"
We laugh together and stare at each other
"But seriously, the offer still stands. Think about it"
"I will, but I want you to make sure your mom is fine with it"
"I'm sure it is, but if it makes you feel better I'm going to ask her"
"Please. I'll give you my answer shortly. The hot cocoa was really good thank you, but now I should really go finish decorate my house. Oh this is my phone number just in case"
"Thank you, here's mine, if you need anything we are here!"
"Same for you, bye sweetie!"
"Bye!" She says blowing me a kiss
"Bye Mia"
"Bye Chris"

Once inside I change clothes and text my best friend Bonnie.

Mia💖
Hi girl!
Got to tell you something
Don't freak out!!!