35 - Meet Dodger

*Chris pov*

Filming 'Gifted' was awesome, last night we were out all together for dinner to celebrate the ending of this project.
The cast is absolutely awesome, and McKenna is such a talented little girl.
But now it's time to head back home and man I'm so excited for that!
Instead of getting a flight back to Boston I decided to face a 16 hours drive only cause I have a surprise for my girls...a surprise named Dodger.

*Mia pov*

Chris just texted me saying that he'll be here tomorrow afternoon. He decide to drive from Georgia to Massachusetts...why I don't know...
He'll stop for the night to rest a few hours and drive the remaining hours in the morning tomorrow.

I'm happy to having him back home...sure Grace and I went to him for three weeks and once back home we FaceTimed any chance he got but it's not the same.

"Baby girl bath time!"
"Coming momma"
I watch her as she carefully puts her toys away and follow me into the bathroom where a tub full of warm water and bubbles is waiting for her.
I take her clothes off and put her in the tub, she sits there playing with the duckies while I shampoo her thin blonde hair.
"When is dada coming?"
"Tomorrow sweetheart"
"Yay! Can I sleep wif you?" She asks as she rubs her eyes
"Sure, but don't rub your eyes, you'll get soap in them"
"Owie" she says tearing up a little
"That's why you should rub your eyes while getting a bath sweetie, come here" I gently wipe her eyes with a towel first and then kiss her head.
"Better?"
"Yeah"
I finish giving her a bath and after sending a video of her saying goodnight to Chris I put her in our bed while I went to change.
Coming back in the bedroom I find a still awake Grace snuggling into the pillow under the covers.
"Shall we sleep baby?"
Her little yaws gives me the answer and once I'm under the duvet I cuddle her close to me and let sleep take over.

The next morning I wake up at the usual time, letting Grace sleep for a little longer while I make breakfast for the both of us.
A PB&J sandwich for me and a bowl of milk with her fave's cereal in it is all I need to get ready.
I wake her up and we happily dig in our breakfast.
It's a Saturday so she doesn't have school and I don't have a shift today since Chris is coming back home I took the day off.
I do a couple of things around the house text Bonnie to know when it's best for us to fly to Greece and meet her and finally order lunch.

"Anybody home?" Chris shouts from the hallway at 3.35 pm
"Daddy!" Grace screams taking off to go to him
"My baby!" He crouches down and hugs her closer to his chest "missed my little girl"
"Hi dada"
"Hi sweetie"
He stands with Grace balanced on his hip and walks to me giving me the biggest and warmest hug ever
"Hi my love"
"Hi"
My hands go around his neck as he nuzzles his face agains mine leaving a few kisses, when we part we peck each other lips a couple of times.
"Welcome home" I tell him smiling
"I got a surprise for my girls!" He says
"What what?" Grace asks jumping up and down
"I'll bring it in, babe do you mind picking up Grace?"
"Sure"
As I pick her up my brain thinks of what Chris could Al have possibly brought home...
"Be a good boy buddy" I hear him say as he's just out of our front door.
He walks in and in his hand there's a leash and at the end of it the cutest boxer mix I've ever seen
"Oh my god!" I whisper getting near him and letting him sniff me
"Puppy!"
"Do you like home Gracie?" Chris asks
"Yeah!"
"Want to pet him? He's a really good pup"
When she nods her head yes I put her back on the ground and Chris and I observe the two.
He's very gentle around her and sniffs her a few time before pushing his nose agains her chest
"Hi puppy!" She exclaims
"His name is Dodger" Chris says "we filmed a scene and there were so many puppies and I saw him, he saw me and came near. I had to get him!"
"He's so sweet...look at him"
"I know"

We ended the day with some soft music playing in the background, the fire cracking and the three of us plus dodger cuddling in the couch, best ending of the day I could've asked for!

chrisevans

 Liked by mia_w and 1

Liked by mia_w and 1.735.304 others

chrisevans Home💜💙 @mia_w

mia_w

Liked by bonnieee and 9

Liked by bonnieee and 9.473 others

mia_w @chrisevans came home from filming and he brought our newest family addition! Everyone meet Dodger, the cutest rescue pup ever💙