30 - Gifted

*Chris pov*

I arrived in Savannah Georgia two days ago and today it's the very first day...we are filming a bit today but mostly getting to know each other.
I walk on set at 8 in the morning and after finding my trailer and putting my stuff in it I walk around and reach what we call the common room, where basically there's food and drinks for everyone.
When I enter I see one of the table already occupied by a little blonde haired girl and a woman who is Octavia Spencer an old costar from Snowpiercer.
I approach them and sit on the chair in front of them
"Morning ladies!"
"Hi, it's so nice to see you again Chris!" Octavia says
"It's been some time uh...nice ti see you too" I tell her as I go and hug her
"And you must be McKenna!"
"Hi!"
"Can't wait to start this project with the two of you!"

Most of the day we spend on chatting a bit and going over the script together, towards the end of the day McKenna and I film our very first scene and then her, Octavia and I decide to have dinner at a diner near there.
While we wait for our meal to arrive we keep talking and watch as McKenna draws on a paper.
"So how's your little girl?"
"She's doing good, she's three already!"
"You have a daughter?"
"I do, her name's Grace"
"Cute name, can you show me a picture?"
"Here..." I show her my phone with a photo of Grace
"Awww"
"And Mia..."
"My girlfriend yeah...she's so amazing with Grace and me also"
"For what I've seen you make a cute couple!" Victoria says
"Yeah...god I miss them already"
"Are they going to come over?"
"I think they will...probably on Halloween"
"Not that far away then!"
"Right"

After eating dinner we walk back to our hotel, say goodbye to Octavia and I bring McKenna to her room where her mum's waiting for her.
"Hey guys!"
"Hi"
"Did you have fun with Chris and Octavia?"
"I did, goodnight Chris" she says giving me a little hug
"Night night!"

Arriving back into my room I take a quick shower and settle in bed before FaceTiming Mia.

Chris
Mia
Grace

"Hi!"
"How are my girls?"
"Daddy!"
"Hi sweet baby"
"I miss you dada"
"I know, I miss you too, did you have a fun day at school?"
"Yeah...then Mia and I went to the park!"
"Really? That must've been fun!"
"Uhuh"
"Tired my little girl?"
"Yeah"
"Should we show daddy what you draw today at school?"
~ Grace nods her head yes and picks up a paper ~
"That's so good! Is that you Mia and I?"
"Yes!"
"It's very pretty!"
"How did your first day go?"
"Good! Did a couple of scenes with McKenna, her Octavia and I mostly talked and played around a bit, then we went to a diner and now I'm in my room. Safe to say it's been a fun day!"
"I'm glad!"
"How 'bout you?"
"Worked this morning and tomorrow I have night shift so Grace stays at your mom's. I only hope tomorrow night won't be as bad as this morning..."
"What happened?"
"Car crash...ended up pretty bad. Parents shouting at me Brian and another nurse cause apparently we don't know how to do our jobs and their kids are still sick when in reality the parents haven't told us the truth on what happened..."
"I'm sorry baby, I wish I could hug you right now"
"Talking to you on FT is enough...for now. I'll let you sleep bet you're have an early day tomorrow!"
"My alarm is set at 4.45"
"Yeah...that's early. Night babe"
"Night my love, goodnight baby girl!"
"Night daddy!"
"Love you both!"
"Love you too!"

octaviaspencer