13 - Troubles in paradise?

A/n
Thanks to @eline95_tiger for inspiring this chapter!!!

*Chris pov*

Grace and I finally got our school mornings routine right and we are doing a very good job.
She enjoys spending part of her day with kids her age, playing and learning new things and I'm happy she does.
I'm currently waiting for her in the school yard as I look at my phone and stumble across an article.

ENews

Chris Evans is off the market?

Chris Evans and a lady were spotted this past Sunday in a park in Boston. The girl looks like the one Chris tagged in a couple of posts on his Instagram the past few months, @mia_w, but we are yet to know something about her.
Could she be Evans new flame?
The actor, after all, has been single since he broke up with his child mother more than two years ago.

Could she be Evans new flame? The actor, after all, has been single since he broke up with his child mother more than two years ago

(A/n: Don't mind the face mask and the fact that they are not wearing coats or warmer clothes)

In these pictures they look pretty cozy laying on the grass and watching his daughter play.
What do you think of the new Captain America flame?

User1: As long as she makes them happy!
User2: Now who the heck is she?
User3: Ewwwwwwww
User4: Ugly!
User5: He deserves someone better! She's nobody!!!
User6: Why don't you all mind your own fucking business! Let them be!!!

Well fuck! How could I let this happen!
I know I need to fix things as soon as possible so after picking up Grace I need to stop at Mia's and I know she isn't working till tonight.
"Daddy I said hi!"
"Oh hi baby, sorry I didn't hear you" I say picking her up
"Have a good day Mr. Evans, bye Grace!" Her teacher says and Grace waves her goodbye

I strap her in her car seat and drive home luckily for me the street are not very busy.
"Daddy needs to talk to Mia for a second baby, come on!"
I let her down on the ground and we walk to her house
"Can I pick some flowers?"
"Yeah"
I wait for her to open the door and when she does I look up at her.
"Mia...I'm sorry, I don't know how I could let that happen, I promise I'll fix it"
"I saw the article this morning when I woke up"
"Why haven't you called?"
"I don't know..."
"How do you feel?"
"I don't know Chris...have you seen what those people wrote about me?"
"Yeah, and it's disgusting, but those things aren't true, very far from it actually. Maybe I can fix it, I'll call my manager right away and-"
"Chris...I think...I think I need time to think" she says taking my hand
"I- ok. I'll still call him and tell him to fix it, tell him to say that we are just friends"
"Good. I'll see you"
She gives me a little smile and closes the door. I stand there for a couple of seconds before getting Grace back to me and entering our house.
I send her to change her clothes and get ready for her bath.
I let warm water fill the bath and pour some soap in it so it makes bubbles.
I absentmindedly wash her body and hair as she play with her rubber duckies and then dry her off getting her back in warm and comfy clothes.
"I wanna play"
"Go play baby girl"
I sit on the bathroom tile floor in silence, rethinking the situation.
I feel my anxiety spiking and soon my throat is tightening, my hands getting sweaty, nausea...I'm having a panic attack.
I try to breath in and out slowly to slow my heart rate a bit but it doesn't seem to work.
"Fuck"

After a minute Grace comes in the bathroom finding me
"Dada?" She says putting her tiny hands on my cheeks just as a tear escapes my eye.

*Mia pov*

I shouldn't have said that to Chris, but I really didn't know what to say. I'm not mad at him and I for sure don't want to break up with him because of this, I guess I just felt overwhelmed by the mean comments and let them get to me.
I spent the last hour and a half on the phone with Bonnie and she reassured me a bit and told me that I better go to him tonight.

As I put the laundry in the washer my phone starts to ring and I see it's Chris.

Mia💙
Chris...I'm sorry...

Chris🤍
Mia!

Mia💙
Grace?

Chris🤍
Daddy doesn't feel good
Can you come pweas?

Mia💙
I'll be right there sweetie!

Shit!
I grab phone and keys and ran oh the door and then wait for Grace to open the door for me.
"Where is dad sweetheart?"
"In the bathroom" she says sobbing
"It's ok" I tell her hugging her and then ask her to wait in the living room.

"Chris?"
I enter the bathroom and find him sitting down, ragged breathing and tears covering his cheeks
"Oh Chris!" I kneel down in front of him "what do you need?"
He points to the cabinet above the sink and I quickly open it and find the anxiety pills
"This?" I ask showing him
He nods his head and I take one out and give it to him after I put some water in a glass that was on the sink.
"Here"
I watch him take it and put my hand on his shoulder, softly rubbing it
"It's ok, I'm here" I let him know
"Breath"
It takes him five minutes to go back to his normal breathing and once he's quite good he hugs me tight to his body, needing to feel me against him, and I hug him just as tight, if not more.

"I'm ok" he says after a bit.
I slowly pull away and look into his eyes as I wipe away the tears from his cheeks
"I'm sorry Chris...I didn't mean to set you off" I say realizing this is all my fault
"You don't have to apologize Mia, it's not your fault, it really isn't"
"But it is"
"No, I'll never blame you for this, not ever"
"I didn't mean to push you away either, I was just a bit overwhelmed"
"I know I was too. I know the feeling"
"Do you still want to be with me Chris?"
"Of course I want to! I need you in my life cause you have become the one person I constantly reach out to if I need anything, for god sake I love you Mia, and I know it might be soon and you don't have to say it back"
I hug him immediately as I cry into his neck like he did with me a few minutes ago
"I love you too" I whisper
"You do?"
"I do Chris"
He kisses my neck and I kiss his before pulling away and staring at each other, but the staring contest is soon interrupted by Grace walking in the bathroom asking if we are ok.
Chris picks her up and then pulls me up, our afternoon ends with lots of cuddles on the couch and a movie. Only once grace went to sleep Chris and I discuss how to respond to the article about us, agreeing on saying we're just friends for now.