Chapter 25

The truck fucking exploded. I blacked out for a bit, but found myself on the road a bit later. My head was bleeding and my hands were scraped. I tried to push myself up but was too weak. I couldn't see much.

'Y/n!' I heard someone yell. I made a groan sorta noise and someone ran up to me. 'Y/n are you okay?' It was Jinx. 'It.. hurts..' I managed to get out. 'I'm gonna get you some help okay? Don't move.'

I layed there, on the cold road. It was a bit wet too. I don't know if it was blood or rain. Maybe both. I tried looking around but I still didn't see much. I coughed at all the smoke and felt myself getting weaker.

Jinx came back with someone. I don't know who it was. They picked me up and carried me somewhere else, where it was less unsafe. They layed me on a table and looked around my body.

I started to be able to see again. I saw Jinx looking at me in a worrying way. 'Hey..' I got out softly. 'Hey Love..' she said and kissed my forehead. 'Explosion got you pretty good huh?'

I nodded weakly. 'Are you.. okay?' I asked. She nodded. 'Yeah, I barely got hit. That bomb was right under you.' She said. She looked at the other person in the room, but I couldn't see them yet.

'I'm gonna cut off your clothes okay?' It was a girls voice. I nodded. She began cutting off my clothes and I felt the cold air against my leg. My pants were gone and she began on my shirt.

After I was practically naked, she started to examine my body for burns or other damage. 'No burns on the legs..' I heard. 'But definitely some bruising.' She looked at my chest. 'Nothing seems to be broken.'

Jinx sighed in relief. 'There will be some bruising but no major damage. You'll be fine.' She said. 'Okay.' I said. Jinx carefully hugged me. 'I'll get you a blanket to cover up.'

The women walked away and Jinx gave me a small kiss. 'I'm so glad your okay..' she said softly. 'What happened to Caleb?..' I asked. She looked around. 'I don't know.'

'Silco is on his way.' She said. 'He's also bringing some extra clothes for you and me both.' I smiled. 'That's nice..' I said. 'Is he mad?'

'No, why would he be mad? We did the mission.' She said. 'True.' I said. She nodded. We heard some wheels in the distance and it was getting closer every second.

'That's Caleb.' Jinx said. 'I think he's fine. I'll check on him though.' She said and walked away. I stared up at the ceiling. Why do we have the worst luck?

Everywhere around me there was sound. People coughing, stretcher wheels rolling around, medics screaming medical shit, whatever that might be.

It was hard to focus with all this going on. I couldn't understand most of what was being told to me. Its so overwhelming. I cover my ears with my hands and close my eyes. I just wanna end today.

I laid like that for god knows how long, and silco showed up after a while. He asked us how we were doing, and how the job went. I answered fine for both of the questions. He didn't ask too many questions, which is good. I couldn't have handled that.

I was free to go after a bit. They didn't have enough space and I was one of the less injured people, so they made me leave. On the way back to jinx's place, I remembered that I have a job that I didn't go too for a while.

'Is it alright if I go to my job when we're back?' I asked. Jinx looked at me. 'You feel strong enough for that?' She asked. 'Yeah, I'll be fine.' I said.

I walked towards my work place, Jinx following me with some stuff the medics gave for my bruising. Some pain killers I believe. Jas was standing outside, lighting a cigarette. I ran up to her.

'Y/n!' She said when she saw me. We hugged eachother. 'Where have you been? I've been working alone and-' she said, before looked at my arms. 'What happened?' She asked. My arms were covered in slowly formed bruises.

'I uhm, I did something with Jinx, and our vehicle exploded.' I said. She looked at me for a moment, before letting out a giggle. 'What? Its the truth.' I said before also giggling.

'Tell me all about it.. after my shift. Speaking off, are you okay to work?' She asked. I nodded. 'Yeah, it'll only be some bruising, so I'll be fine. I said.

'Ofcourse something like that happened to you. You have the worst fucking luck.' She said and giggled. It was true. 'That one time in school, (idk if they have school but I wanna add it in so forgive me😭) remember that one time you tried to ask someone out, but you slipped and fell, into a mud puddle, Infront of them?' She laughed. I laughed aswel. 'I fucking do.'

'Oh yeah, something else happened aswel.' Jas said. I looked at her. 'What?'

'Someone else came in and asked for a job so I gave it to them. I hope you don't mind? Its just as a booker.'

'No ofcourse not.' I said. We've been needing help for a while at this point, so it was highly appreciated. 'Who is it?' I asked. 'They said their name was Dee, they come in later today, so you can meet them.' She said.

That name sounded familiar, but then also, there's probably a lot of people named Dee. Dee snider for example. 'Yeah that's alright.' I said.

I smoked with Jas while waiting for this Dee person. Jinx stood there, awkwardly. 'You sure you don't want one?' Jas asked Jinx. 'No, thanks.' She said. I teasefully blew some smoke in her face. She coughed but giggled. I gave her a peck on the lips.

'There they are.' Jas said, putting out her cigarette. I threw mine on the ground and stepped on it. My eyes on Jinx, I didn't notice who Dee was. But then I heard..

'Y/n? Is that you?'