Chapter 7

"Guys, I discovered something!" Jack came hurrying into the teachers' lounge with red cheeks and an excited smile. He was holding up a piece of paper and everyone's attention got immediately drawn to him.

We were sitting on the two couches, enjoying our peaceful lunch break and everyone had already been wondering where Jack was. "Apparently, I'm teaching Devil Mills' son!"

I rolled my eyes, subtly. "Devil Mills" had recently entered everyone's vocabulary and it hadn't left. My night with Regina hadn't made me like her more, but I'm sure it'd made her hate me more.

Because I already knew Luke was Regina's son, I could watch in amusement how everyone else gasped in surprise. "Oh, is that kid just as horrible as she is?!" Ruby asked and I wanted to chime in, but Jack waved her comment away and sat down.

"That's not all, you know how I discovered it?" Everyone shook their head and I was curious, too. I knew almost every parent of the children in my class, but some I interacted less with than others. "The week of Love has started, as you all know, so I was teaching the children about different types of love. You know, the basics of LGBT+, and Mills' kid said his mother is "half lesbian". Ruby, you might even have a solid chance!"

Jack laughed loudly and everyone else seemed to find this really funny and surprising too, but I knew this as well. "Thank you, Jack. I'll use this all to my advantage. Which kid is it? Maybe I can ask him what his mom's favorite flowers are."

"Come on, Ruby. Don't involve Luke in all this, that's going too far," I said and everyone slowly turned their heads toward me.

"You knew?" Jack asked.

"Yes, of course I knew. Luke is Henry's best friend," I said with an exasperated sigh. "He's a really sweet kid, we shouldn't judge him based on his mother."

"Did you know Devil Mills is queer?" Ruby asked and everyone chuckled softly when I didn't respond. I looked at Ruby, hoping that she would stop this conversation, but before she could change the topic, Graham opened his mouth.

"That's why Emma is constantly protecting her. They're just knocking boots." His bright smile made everyone laugh, except for me and Ruby. Ruby always sat next to me and she patted my knee.

"I'm a heterosexual, Graham, and that woman annoys the hell out of me. It's just that her child is really sweet and makes my son happy, so I don't think we should bash him. But I can't stand Miss Mills, let alone have a sexual relationship with her."

Graham quirked an eyebrow and I could tell everyone else was skeptical as well. "Give me one good reason as to why you're so kind to her if it's not you getting some."

I wanted to respond. I already felt anger bubbling up inside of me, because even the mere insinuation that I would have sex with Regina was enough to drive me crazy. I had loads of arguments ready, but the door opened and Regina entered the teachers' lounge.

"Quick, hide, she's here!" Mulan lamely said and everyone, including me, chuckled. Some jokes were just pretty funny. Especially since they didn't seem to do anything with Regina. She just kept on staring intimidatingly at us, like we hadn't said anything.

"Swan, I'd like to have a word with you after school," Regina said and I groaned softly. This couldn't be good, but the muffled chuckles of my colleagues made it very much worse.

"Oh, my God, Emma, I thought we were just kidding, but.." Graham burst out in laughter and I turned my head to Regina. She had to be confused, but she didn't show it one bit.

"I'm not sure I can come, my s.."

"Emma, stop it!" Ariel interrupted me loudly, wiping her cheeks that were wet of tears. She kept on laughing just like everyone else and like a bunch of kindergartners, they all started yelling at once.