Chapter 8

Two weeks flew by in no time. Neal was totally okay with Luke staying over as well and Henry was incredibly excited. He'd never had a lot of friends and it'd been a while since he'd last had a sleepover.

Regina was to drop Luke off at my apartment and Neal had been so kind as to pick both of them up here. I didn't have to travel anywhere at all and after I'd helped Henry pack his stuff, I let myself relax on the couch.

"Mom, do you like Luke's mom?" Henry asked as he sat down beside me. "Luke said his mother likes you. She thinks you're a good teacher."

I was incredibly flattered. "She's pretty nice, Henry. She takes some getting used to, but I enjoy myself when I'm with her."

"Are you in love with her?" Henry asked, with a flicker of hope in his voice. "Jack told us about lesbians and Luke's mom is a half lesbian. Maybe Luke and I could be brothers!"

I wanted to laugh, but I was afraid Henry wouldn't understand I was being serious, so I held it back. "Sorry, Henry, I'm not in love with Regina. She's not really my type."

The doorbell rang before we could continue our conversation and Henry got off the couch to open the door. He exclaimed happily when his dad appeared and he jumped in his arms.

I got up as well and hugged Neal. "Hi, how are you?" I asked and kissed his cheek. He looked happier than he did last time I saw him and I was glad to see that.

"I'm doing great," Neal said and looked at me. He had dark green eyes and brown hair, which looked the same as Henry's. His chin had a stubble beard and he had wrinkles in his face when he smiled. "Where's Henry's friend?"

"He's.." I wanted to say he had yet to arrive, but I heard familiar clicking on the stairs and I could only assume that was Regina, "I think he's here."

Regina was a pretty woman. I always noticed it and I could see Neal noticed it too. He took his time to subtly check her out and I couldn't blame him, to be honest. Her dress was tight around her waist, but looser around her hips. Her toned calves showed every time she took a step and yet again, I wished I had a body like that.

"Hi, I'm Neal," Neal introduced himself and held up his hand. He smiled when Regina shook it. I rolled my eyes quickly, before I put on a smile for Luke.

"Hi, Neal. I'm Regina, Luke's mother. Thank you so much for opening up your house to him, I really appreciate it," Regina said. Neal merely waved her gratitude away and smiled. "You've got my number and Luke's packed everything he needs. Once again, thank you."

"It's no problem, really. Henry likes it and I enjoy meeting Henry's friends," Neal replied with a smile. Regina smiled, showing her perfectly white teeth and hugged Luke goodbye.

Neal waved at me and took the boys outside the apartment, leaving me and Regina alone. "How's it going with the man hunt?"

"Horrible," Regina said and laughed softly. "My sister is going as well, but she always manages to amuse herself with my parents' friends. It'd surprise you, but most people there hate my guts."

"Yes. That really, really surprises me," I said, dryly. Regina chuckled and tensed her shoulders.

"I don't even know why I'm going. My parents don't seem to appreciate me there, but if I don't show up, they'll act even worse," Regina confessed and ran her hand through her hair. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you with all this. That's highly unprofes.."

"Stop saying things are unprofessional, Regina. We've met outside of school, our sons are best friends, things are bound to get unprofessional, get over it," I snapped. "And I'm really sorry your parents are dicks."