Chapter 13

I hadn't told anyone about Regina and my getaway this weekend. Even though I always told my colleagues everything, especially Ruby. She was my best friend and it was hard keeping things from her, but it felt wrong to share it all with someone that knew Regina.

Regina behaved just like she had all other days. She didn't spend any time with us, she kept locking herself up in her office, doing whatever, which made it easier for my colleagues to talk trash about her.

She hadn't won any of us over yet, but that wasn't very odd, because she never spent any time with us. She had spent time with me, but even then, she'd felt like she had to keep everything "professional" and she'd distanced herself from me as well as she could. I noticed that, but I'd been determined to change that and I felt like this past weekend, she'd warmed up to me just a little more.

"Ruby, how's the bet coming along?" Graham asked with a smirk and I looked at Ruby. "I feel like there's no progress whatsoever. Anyone could've screwed her at this point. You're not the magic seductress you think you are," he added, his smirk growing even bigger.

Ruby rolled her eyes and I sipped my water, watching them in amusement. I enjoyed hearing my coworkers bicker, a lot. "It always takes longer with virgins, so don't blame me," Ruby replied with a shrug.

"She literally has a son. I'm not saying I understand, but she's definitely had sex before," Ariel chimed in. "There aren't any excuses, Ruby. I even checked the school's policy, there isn't any rule against teachers dating or screwing the principal. We're all waiting for you to start showing her your moves."

"I'd expected a lot better from you, Rubes, but keep it going, she's sexy as fuck," Graham said, before Ruby could explain herself. "Hands up, who here would've screwed Miss Mills if you had the chance?"

It surprised me how many of my colleagues took this question seriously and put their hand in the air. In fact, Belle and I were the only one not interested in Miss Mills and this question, so everyone looked expectantly at us.

"Oh, come on, Emma, even you as a heterosexual woman should see she's worth fucking," Killian said. I squinted my eyes at him and pursed my lips together.

"First off, no, she's not, and second, maybe we could stop sexualizing her? She's still our boss, come on, guys," I said and Belle nodded, showing that she agreed.

"I agree," she said and tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear. She had a nice Australian accent and a kind voice. "Is she kind? No. But does she deserve our respect nonetheless? Yes, she does. So, I kindly ask all of you to shut up about it and start behaving like the adults that you are."

Killian was about to respond, when Miss Mills stepped into the room. Everyone fell silent and waited in anticipation for her to speak. She seemed to take delight in that, which frustrated me incredibly much.

"I know you are all enjoying your lunch break, but I wanted to share some news and I figured you all would dislike a special meeting far more than a small interruption," she began. When her eyes caught me, I felt the palms of my hands sweat. There was something very alluring about the way she looked at me.

"Yes, we do. Now, get on with it," Jack said. He was sitting next to me, and so I poked his side, hoping to shut him up. He looked rather offended, but someone had to teach him when to stop talking.

"From this moment forward, we will no longer celebrate "Cupcake Friday"," Regina said and my heart fell. Cupcake Friday had started a few years ago. The teachers had all given their students a cupcake on a random Friday and because everyone had liked it a lot, it had become a regular to finish the week with a cupcake. Not only the students, but the teachers loved it. I loved it.