𝟥 | 𝒯𝓇𝑒𝓎 𝒞𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇

¢σffєє ѕнσρ ℓσνє

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℭ𝔬𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔢 - 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔟𝔞𝔡𝔬𝔬𝔟𝔢𝔢

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

It had been a rather slow day in the cafe, but not the bad sort of slow. It was just the sort of slow that Y/N liked best. The sort of slow where there was a steady stream of customers, no mass group arriving, no waves of people that left blank spaces between them, just... steady. The sort of slow that melded perfectly with the music drifted quietly around the room, lulling the customers into a sense of relaxation, even for those who used the cafe as a place to get their work done. Y/N could see many who were working on laptops, others scribbling away on paper as they tried to finish their last assignment. But some had come to simply enjoy the music and coffee. They were those who sat by windows and stared out at the bleak day around them. 

Fall was always one of Y/N's favourite times of year. Leaves of red and gold that fell around the cafe and bakery, decorating the worlds in their own magical way, with leaves that shone like gems, and beams of sun that shone brighter than any spotlight. It was the sort of beauty that Y/N could only dream of making, though she knew that she never could. 

Humming quietly with the music, Y/N wiped her hands on a towel, having just rinsed off the whipped cream that had managed to splash out of the hot chocolate that she had made. The little girl had been so excited about the hot chocolate, that Y/N had put on one of her special whipped cream roses on top, free of charge. The mother had looked so grateful that it had made it all worth it. 

Y/N glanced over at the small list of orders that she had yet to complete. She headed over to the baking display and reached in with a pair of tongs, pulling out one of her famous blueberry scones, drizzled with a cream cheese topping, and put it on a small plate. She shut the door as softly as possible and walked over to the small counter where she handed out the orders. The drink had already been made and was waiting in a small white cup, decorated with a black rim around the edge, with specks of red and gold. 

The man who had ordered caught Y/N's eye and she waved to him, not wanting to disturb the peace of the room. He quickly got up from his seat and walked over to her, taking the cup and plate, thanking her with a small incline of his head, before returning to his seat. Y/N waited for a moment, watching as the man took a bite of the danish. She always loved seeing her treats, enhanced with her special magic, calm those who ate them. As if the man could feel her watching him, he waved at her, waited for her to return the wave, and then continued working, his fingers much more relaxed as they danced across the keyboard.

Y/N smiled and waved her hand, erasing the order from where it sat on the counter. It would appear in the inventory book for her father to see once he got around to counting out the inventory for that week. For now, Y/N could hear him whistling away in the bakery with her sister, working on creating their special bread that they would sell in the bakery half of the cafe. 

The next order for Y/N to make was an Enchanted Latte. Y/N smiled as she read the specifics of the order. It was the regular drink for one of the customers who always came in on Friday afternoons. Y/N had grown accustomed to typing out her order as soon as she entered the cafe, and sometimes, she had given it to the woman for free before she could even pull out the standard change that she kept in her pocket. Today was one of those days. 

Y/N picked up the tin and poured in some of the milk, swaying slowly as she danced to the music. She lifted the wand and placed the tin underneath. Once everything was in place, she pressed the button and allowed the machine to work its magic. As it was steaming the milk, she grabbed one of her usual ceramic mugs and headed over to the other side of the counter where a long line of syrups was waiting for her. With a wave of her hand, the rose syrup drifted off the shelf and landed in front of her. Y/N pumped in three shots before sending it back up onto the shelf with another wave of her hand.