𝟣𝟤 | 𝐹𝓁𝑜𝓎𝒹 𝐿𝑒𝑒𝒸𝒽

¢σ¢σα ρнσтσѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔊𝔲𝔫𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔰 - 𝔏𝔞𝔫𝔞 𝔇𝔢𝔩 ℜ𝔢𝔶

f/sa - favourite sea animal

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Y/N hummed softly as she swung back and forth on the swing, her legs folded up beneath a warm knit blanket, her fingers covered with matching gloves - though the tips remained exposed to the elements. She had woken that morning to the scent of fall clinging to the breeze, and to the sound of her father raking the leaves outside their small house. It was too perfect of a day to pass up, so after bundling up in her fluffiest and fuzziest clothes, she headed out to the edge of the cliff where a swing hung, bordered by two beautiful oaks. 

She stopped at the end of the tree line, her hand resting on an oak as she smiled at the bench. She could remember watching her mother build it with her father, always making sure to tell Y/N that one day she would be able to swing there with the love of her life. Her mother had been right. Even though Floyd spent much of his time studying magic, far from Y/N's tiny house on the cliff's edge, he always came for the weekends, visiting her and her father despite his brother's irritation at this. 

Y/N ran her hand over the back of the seat and smiled. She could still imagine her mother sitting on the bench, holding her close as they stared out at the waves, waiting for the day when her father would return from his voyage.

"I miss you, Mama," Y/N whispered, but she smiled nonetheless. She turned her gaze to the sea and smiled, inhaling the familiar scent that never failed to calm her. 

She took a seat on the swing and shifted around to make herself comfortable, sinking into the ocean of blankets that she had brought with her, and pulling her knees up into a crossed position. Then, she took out the knitting that she had been working on and started working, listening to gentle music as it drifted from her phone.

Y/N sat out there for the better part of an hour, enjoying the serenity before she was interrupted by a whooshing sound, followed by the sound of footsteps on the dry leaf bed beneath the trees.

"I know that's you, Floyd," Y/N said with a small smile, throwing another loop of yarn over her needle and carefully weaving it to form a stitch. 

"Aw~," Floyd pouted, his posture falling when he realised that he hadn't been as stealthy as he had hoped. He tucked his hands into the pockets of his pants and speed-walked the rest of the way to where Y/N was seated. Once he got there, he plopped down beside her and threw his arm around her, pulling her in for a tight squeeze. 

Y/N laughed and set aside her knitting, returning her boyfriend's hug. "How was school," she asked as he finally let her go. He slipped beneath the extra blanket and leaned over to rest his head on Y/N's shoulder, watching intently as she picked up her knitting again.

"Boring," he moaned, licking a small section of her jaw. "The fresh fishies were annoying."

Y/N giggled at Floyd's complaints. He often complained about the freshmen that either visited or worked at Mostro Lounge. He was often able to boss them around, but after having met some of them, Y/N knew from experience that they weren't prone to listening, even to someone who was technically their superior, both in age and experience. Then again, it was somewhat hard to take Floyd seriously. Half the time, Y/N found herself struggling not to laugh whenever he pouted.

"I take it Azul didn't let you squeeze them," she hummed, leaning into Floyd's embrace.

"No."

Y/N leaned back and pecked Floyd's jaw. "Well, you can squeeze me all you want."