𝟣𝟫 | 𝑀𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒟𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒾𝒶

fαℓℓєи мємσяιєѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔖𝔭𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤 - 𝔅𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 ℌ𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔢

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Halloween had come to Twisted Wonderland, and though everyone was excited about the coming festival, they showed it very differently. Some ran around the halls, stringing up decorations and tricking their friends, while others retired to their dorms, seeking the comfort of the beautiful and silent season that accompanied the much beloved holiday. 

Both Malleus and Y/N were of the latter sort. So as Lilia scurried off with Silver and Sebek to decorate everything in sight, possibly even asking the headmaster if they could decorate the abandoned dorm on the edge of the grounds, Malleus and Y/N headed to the young prince's room, eager for some quiet time before the festival started.

As they lay together, Y/N wrapped tightly in Malleus's arms, she slowly started to think of all the Halloweens that they had shared together in the years past. 

- Flashback -

"Malleus! Come on! We're gonna miss the carriage!" A young girl sprinted from the castle doors, her f/c dress fluttering in the breeze as she took a giant leap off of the bottom step. She landed on the concrete ground below with a thud, a daring grin on her face.

"Y/N!"

The girl looked up and smiled when she saw a worried-looking Lilia looking at her, eyes wide and his arms stretched out as if he had tried to catch her before she landed. Upon seeing her smile, Lilia relaxed the slightest bit, though Y/N could still see the worry in his features.

"I'm okay, Lilia," Y/N chirped, wrapping her arms around the older man and hugging him. Despite Lilia's short stature, Y/N only came up to his stomach. But this was expected of a six-year-old.

Lilia smiled at the small girl and patted her on the head. "Why don't you hop in the carriage, Y/N? Malleus should be out soon."

Y/N nodded and jumped up into the dark coach, speaking to what appeared to be a ghost. Or two. Many would have questioned Y/N's apparent ramblings, but Lilia had known the girl long enough to know that her unique magic forced her to deal with three minds at once. One belonging to her, one to the darker half of herself, and the other to the lighter half. 

"Meanie," Y/N pouted from inside the carriage. Lilia could hear the childish irritation in her voice and snickered as he pictured her with her tiny arms crossed over her chest, her ankles also crossed subconsciously. When Y/N was annoyed or upset, it was displayed across her entire body.

"Malleus," Lilia called, turning away from the young girl. 

A small boy with horns was standing at the top of the castle stairs, seemingly nervous. He clung to the end of the bannister, staring at the carriage.

"Come on, beastie." The man walked up the bottom steps and paused halfway up the staircase, his arms open for the young boy. 

Malleus shook his head and clung to the stone bannister, hiding behind the edge. It might have been easier for him to hide if not for the two horns sticking out the top of his head, the tips of which peeked out over the marble. Lilia frowned at Malleus' reluctance and continued up the steps, crouching down in front of the child. 

"What's wrong, Malleus?"

Malleus pointed down at the carriage where Y/N was waiting for the two.