𝟤𝟪 | 𝑀𝒾𝓇𝒶 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝒻𝑒𝓀

яєραιяιиg тнє gℓαѕѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: ℌ𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔐𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 - 𝔓𝔞𝔫𝔦𝔠! 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔦𝔰𝔠𝔬

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

The mirror chamber was always cold; that much was evident from the very first time Y/N had ventured into the room, that fateful day that had led to her life at Night Raven College. She had been so surprised when Mira had pulled her through the glass, revealing his secret world to her. But now, as she stood before the cracked glass, the edges tearing clean cuts along the tips of her fingers as she caressed the edges, she couldn't help but long for the time that they had spent in the world together. The time that she had been able to see him for more than just a face in the mirror.

She turned away from the mirror frame to the glass on the floor and let out a sob. There were thousands of tiny pieces. Who knew that transporting Yuu back to his world would do such a thing to such a beautiful artefact? She knelt before the pieces, taking the largest in her hands and running her thumb over the glass. That's all it was now. Glass. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a pile of glass; the shards were too numerous to piece back together. And even if they were, who knows if Mira would even be able to return to the mirror. This was the mirror that he was bound to. There wasn't another.

Y/N sighed and set the pieces down on the cold floor, watching her sorrowful expression. She had been so close to figuring out the spell that would free him. It had taken years to finally track down all the components, and now, sitting before the glass, the spell was impossible. There was nothing that would be able to repair the broken fragments. Nothing that would piece them back together. Nothing that would bring the love, the light of her life back to her.

She had spent hours before that mirror, talking with the mask in the glass, knowing that there was an entire being behind it. It was more than just a face in the glass that helped students and staff travel throughout the world, granting their wishes one by one and delivering them home when the breaks came. And though the times that they spent in each other's presence, physical full form presence, were few and far between - as Mira was quite wary of Y/N losing her mind to the world beyond the glass - Y/N had grown to love the man. Even years after her graduation, she still loved him. She had never loved another as she had loved him.

- Flashback -

"You can't stay here," Mira whispered, his hand gently trailing along Y/N's cheek, moving them closer to the mirror's edge. Y/N had managed to find herself in the mirror without his help this time, and she had spent much longer within the glass than she should have. Normal humans, such as the princess, couldn't handle more than ten to fifteen minutes in the mirror without the chance of turning mad. She had been in there for nearly half an hour this time, and Mira was eager to return her to her world. The world beyond the glass. The world that she belonged in. Not the world that they both longed for her to be in. The world behind the glass where they could finally be together.

"What if I want to," Y/N cried, cupping his hand and trying to halt his steps towards the rippling glass. "What if I don't care if I go mad? What if I just want you?"

"You won't remember me if you stay here," Mira whispered. Her hand met the edge of the glass. "You'll be nothing more than a shadow, doomed to live within the pane of glass, never to leave this dratted place."

Y/N reached up to Mira's cheek and cupped the skin behind the mask. The cold skin of the man sent a chill through her body every time she touched it. And despite everything that he said about not wanting her to see or feel who he truly was, she knew that he loved the feeling of her hand on his face. And she knew that he longed for the feeling of her lips on his. If not for that blasted mask.