𝟣𝟥 | 𝒦𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓂 𝒜𝓁-𝒜𝓈𝒾𝓂

αмσиgѕт тнє αυтυми ѕαи∂

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤𝔰: 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔬𝔣 𝔍𝔲𝔩𝔶 - 𝔖𝔲𝔣𝔧𝔞𝔫 𝔖𝔱𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔰 | Carry Me - Eurielle

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

Y/N smiled as she basked in the light of the moon above, swaying gently from side to side as she listened to the song in her mind. It had been stuck in her head for the past week, and at this rate, she would never get it out of her head. Not that it was a bad song to have stuck in her head. 

The door to her dorm creaked open and she turned, smiling when she saw Kalim entering the room, looking exhausted. She quickly padded across the floor to her beloved, opening her arms for a hug. He flew to her almost instinctively, throwing his arms around her and breathing in her calming scent. Just another day of being house warden for Scarabia. He still didn't understand why he had been given the position. 

"You okay," Y/N asked, kissing the top of Kalim's head. 

He nodded, his eyes fluttering shut as they started to sway back and forth, spinning around every few steps. Kalim hummed softly, loving the feeling of Y/N's arms around him. It felt as though she was the only one who truly understood him. While everyone else saw him as nothing more than a little ball of sunshine, ignorant to the stress everyone thought he should have been feeling, Y/N was the only one who truly understood everything that was going on. 

There was a knock on the door and Y/N slowly disentangled herself from Kalim, giving him a small peck on the forehead before walking over to the door. She pulled it open and smiled when she saw Jamil on the other side.

"Did Kalim get in okay," Jamil asked quietly.

Y/N nodded. "Yeah. I'll watch him for the rest of the night. Why don't you go and get some rest? You have a test coming up tomorrow, right?"

Jamil nodded, but showed no signs of leaving. "It's my job to make sure-"

"Jamil," Y/N whispered, placing a hand on his arm. "You don't have to spend every waking moment watching Kalim, okay? You have to take some time for yourself too. So why don't you go and get some rest and study." She smiled. "And don't hold back, remember." She poked him in the forehead and snickered at his stunned expression. "Use that big brain of yours, okay?"

Jamil smiled. "Thanks, Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow." He waved and left, heading back to his dorm. 

Y/N shut the door and walked over to Kalim, taking his hands in hers and pulling him to his feet. She pulled him out to the balcony and put her fingers to her lips, blowing a long sharp whistle that echoed across the dorm. Not a second later, Kalim's magic carpet was hovering in front of them, ready to fly off into the night. 

Kalim's eyes lit up with excitement at the sight of the carpet and he eagerly hopped on, turning back to hold his hand out to Y/N. "You coming?"

Y/N smirked and placed her hand in his, her ring glittering in the light of the moon. "You thought I wasn't?" Kalim pulled her onto the carpet, both of them falling into the centre with Y/N on Kalim's lap, and before they could adjust themselves, the carpet was speeding off, the two riders letting out small shouts of surprise. 

"Seems like someone was eager for a fly," Y/N giggled, sliding off of Kalim's lap, though still leaning against him as they soared through the sky. As they passed through the cloud barrier, Y/N reached out and cupped a small cloud in her hands, pulling it with her as they emerged into the cloudless night, dotted with delicate stars. She smiled and rose up on her knees, stretching her arms wide and allowing the world to embrace her, dreaming of a thousand different things.