𝟤𝟦 | 𝐹𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒶 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒶𝓇

fяσм fяιєи∂ѕ тσ ℓσνєяѕ

𝔖𝔬𝔫𝔤: 𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔅𝔢𝔩𝔬𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔐𝔢 - 𝔗𝔞𝔶𝔩𝔬𝔯 𝔖𝔴𝔦𝔣𝔱

A/N: I listened to the male version of this song because it's supposed to be Farena who is singing it.

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

There were things that Farena didn't think were fair. He didn't think that it was fair that his brother couldn't be king when clearly he wanted to be king. Farena thought that he would make quite a good king. Provided that he did more than sleep, though Leona had said many times that he wouldn't be lazing around if being king was something that he could earn. He didn't think that it was fair that he was subjected to an arranged marriage when Leona could go and marry whomever he pleased. And he most certainly didn't think that it was fair that he had to sit in a stuffy classroom pretending to be interested in whatever the newest tutor was lecturing him on. Not when he could hear the sounds of other teenagers outside in the sun, playing Baobab Ball and helping their parents with chores around the village.

"Your Highness?"

Farena jerked out of his stupor, some of his sandy hair falling over his face. He grimaced as he slowly pulled the hair away, giving a guilty smile to his tutor. 

The older man sighed and shut the book that he had been trying to read from, rising to his feet and approaching the young prince. He knew the look of disappointment all too well. Despite what Farena thought, it was rather easy to tell when the Crown Prince was disappointed, though what he was disappointed about was more of a puzzle.

"What is it," the man asked, taking a seat beside the prince and tucking the book into the prince's bag. They would return to their studies later. For now, Farena's disappointment was more of a concern.

"It's nothing," Farena muttered, twirling his pen in his fingers. "Aren't you supposed to be teaching me?"

"Yes," the man sighed. "But for right now, how about I teach you how to be a teenager rather than a Crown Prince?" There was a twinkle in the man's eye and Farena jumped to his feet, feeling excited that he might get to do something other than sit in a boring classroom. 

"Now," the tutor said with a child-like look on his face. "What shall we do?"

"Can we go down to the village," Farena asked. He felt like a child again. A child who was free to do whatever he pleased. The illusion that everyone had about what it was like being a prince. That he could do whatever he wanted. He hadn't done that since he had made it to double digits in age. 

"Of course," the man said, rising to his feet. "Any place in particular?"

⚜ ————- ⚜Ѽ⚜ ————- ⚜

The tutor was surprised when Farena had asked to go to the border of the kingdom, and more specifically, to the training grounds for the future guards. He couldn't think of anything that would bring the prince so far from the comfort of his palace, out into the blazing sun of the Savannah. Thank goodness they had brought an umbrella to rest under, though the prince seemed to be much too eager to relax.

"Your Highness," the tutor said, sitting up a little straighter, "If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to come all the way out here?"

Farena flushed and sunk back into the shade of the umbrella. He picked up a fruit from the basket that they had brought and bit into it, savouring the sweet nectar.