Chapter 25

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑻
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was exactly six days and seven nights since you first met the three kids in Wall Rose. The three wake up every day hoping you'd arrive. They really didn't care about the food you'd bring, not more so than the promise you told them.

"She said she'll bring us to the Interior," the timid boy, Armin, muttered as he sat on the stone steps, chin propped on his knees.

"Armin, you sound like you're more excited to see the Interior than to see the world outside the Walls," Eren said as he fell on his back on the grass, eyes staring at the obsidian night sky with stars scattered about.

"No, it's not that!" Armin said quickly, straightening up as he looked at Eren. "I just... want to see what it's like living there."

"It must be nice," Eren said, lifting his hand up, fingers stretched as if he could reach the unreachable. "But Wall Sina is smaller than Wall Maria, and Wall Maria is still incomparable to the outside world."

"Right," Armin muttered. "The outside world."

When the two young boys think about it, going to the outside world seems more probable than plucking a star in the night sky, all because the latter is literally impossible while the former is attainable.

"Far beyond these walls, there's flaming water, land made of ice and fields of sand spread wide."

When Armin talks about those things, Eren couldn't help but listen. Armin talks in such a way that his emotions were so unmasked. His desire to go outside and explore, to feed his curiosity of the outside world sounds like a great way to fuel his conviction. It was far different than Eren's conviction to kill every last titan.

As the boys sat there, Mikasa came back with a plate of bread. She put it down on the grass before sitting beside Eren and offering a bread to him to which Eren accepted halfheartedly.

"You were the one who got this for us," Eren muttered. "You don't need to shove one at my face."

"Thank you, Mikasa," Armin said, taking a bread as Mikasa nodded at him before she, as well, took one.

"What were you two talking about?" she asked, taking small bites of the bread and chewing it carefully, otherwise she might sleep with an upset stomach if she quickly ate this kind of bread.

"We were talking about Ms. Y/n," Armin answered, as Eren was busy filling his empty stomach.

"Ms. Y/n, huh..." Mikasa muttered. "I want to see her too. She seems like a strong woman."

"Her husband," Eren said, gulping down the bread in his mouth. "I want to see her husband. She said he's called Humanity's Strongest Soldier."

There was a brief silence between the three as the night breeze blew by. It was cold, but at least their stomachs were filled. When the bread was gone, with only the crumbs left on the grass, the three sat there.

"I wonder when will Ms. Y/n come back," Armin muttered, voicing out the thoughts of Eren and Mikasa.

"I hope she comes back soon."