Chapter 35

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑻
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The cold night felt like a distant dream now that your body is starting to emit the kind of heat only Levi can give.

You two had barely made it inside his quarters and he had already cornered you against the wall, like a predator would to its prey. But unlike such a metaphor, you've never felt the kind of fear a prey would when it's being cornered by predators.

Even when your heart started to thump wildly against your chest, it was never out of fear but always out of want.

You wanted him, that's for sure.

"Levi," you called his name and looked at him to see his half-lidded eyes full of want as well. "Why are you so..."

"So?" he pressed when you trailed off, hiding that little smirk of his as he moved closer to you.

"So... stimulated?"

"I don't know," he said, lifting his hand as he brushed through his locks with his fingers. "Probably the fever. I feel so hot."

You instinctively lifted your hand and pressed your palm on his cheek to feel his temperature. You didn't know if it was because you were also feeling hot, but his temperature seems to have gone down compared to earlier.

"Or maybe," he continued, holding your wrist before his fingers trace your hand that was pressing on his face. "I want to clear up some misunderstandings."

"Misunderstandings?" you asked, furrowing your brows.

He looked at you with those steel gray eyes that always seem cold to others but somehow soft when it comes to looking at you. You momentarily got lost in those eyes of his until he finally spoke the words you didn't know you've been wanting to hear.

"I'm not interested in any other women. Only you, Y/n."

You knew your face had just turned red from the way he spoke those words. So full of honesty and so firm.

"I proved it once, I can prove it again."

He held your hand that was cupping his cheek and pulled it forward until your elbow was propped on his shoulder. Then in a swift motion he closed the gap between you two as he sealed your lips with his. The kiss held so much emotion that you almost melted right then and there. It was soft and gentle but had a rough side, like the man kissing you.

If this is his idea of clearing up a misunderstanding, you like it very much as you opened your mouth and kissed him back.

He held your hip then your thigh, you felt his hand gripping your skin before lifting your leg up to his waist and he did the same with the other. He carried you with ease, breaking the kiss only once in a while to allow you to breathe before he placed you gently on the bed.

Levi propped his hands on your side before leaning back, his eyes had gone sharper, his breathing hot and heavy and his face was tinted in red. But you were more of a mess as you felt your heart hammered in your chest and you tried to control your breathing.

"Y/n," Levi called and you focused your eyes on him. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine."