Chapter 31

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑻
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was daybreak when you found yourself back in the room. The dream you had earlier is now long forgotten and so was the letter you left in the middle of the pages of that book. Now all you can think about is the sensation left on your body after what you and Levi did in the library.

You sat there on the bed with the blanket wrapped around your body and your back against his chest while you watched the fire dancing in the hearth. But your body still felt warm, you thought to yourself.

"You held back," you muttered, pulling your knees closer as you propped your chin on top of them.

"Hmm?" Levi hummed, you can feel his lips touching the back of your head. "I held back?"

You nodded because you thought that was a question. That sounded like a question because you thought he didn't hear what you said.

Levi opened his eyes. His steel gray eyes reflected the flame from the hearth. His eyes usually look cold, but with the reflection of the fire they look warmer.

"If I didn't," he started, pulling you closer to him, his hands around your waist and his palm on your stomach with his thumb rubbing circles in a soothing way. "We'd still be in the library getting it on until now."

You suddenly felt your face heating up almost instantly. You bet the blood also rushes up your cheeks, you can feel your face getting flushed. And then that quivering sensation in your stomach, like butterflies flapping their wings. You tried to hide your flushed face by lowering your head on your knees and closing your eyes for a second.

"Why?" you asked, but your voice sounded muffled. "Why did you hold back? I'd be fine if you didn't."

"Really?" he asked. "Well I'm not."

"You're not?" you asked, your voice sounding a little dejected and Levi caught it quickly. "You'd be leaving again soon. And..." you trailed off, your forehead still pressed on your knees and your head lowered down but you had already opened your eyes.

"And we wouldn't see each other again for some time. Even if we see each other, it would only be momentary. So... I thought you—"

You stopped abruptly when you felt him move closer until his breath fanned your back and you felt shivers run up your spine.

"Oh? Was that not enough to satisfy my wife?"

Before you can say anything, Levi leaned down and nibbled on your nape which made you let out a gasp. He completely had it backwards. It's not that you weren't satisfied, you were worried that it was him who wasn't satisfied. All he did was give and you received, yet you weren't able to do anything for him in return.

And even now, he's the one who's giving again. Levi licked on a spot before biting down, not too hard to draw blood but not too soft that it wouldn't leave a mark. Then he leaned back, looking at the mark slowly forming on the back of your nape.

"I was being careful," he said, his eyes flickering up to the baby sleeping soundly in his crib. "That kid's barely able to stand on his own."

So he was being careful not to knock you up, you thought to yourself. You didn't say anything though. But your silence made Levi continue talking, in hush whispers with the sound of the fire crackling in the background.