Chapter 27

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑻
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was your first family outing, in fact it was your first time going out with Levi like this. Not wearing the Corps uniform, not patrolling the Headquarters, not thinking or talking about any duties. It was the first time you get to walk around leisurely with Levi in your civilian clothes and people passing by wouldn't stop to salute you two.

It felt refreshing this way, except you are in the Interior and the people you see are all entitled individuals who think they are better than those in Wall Rose who think they are better than those in Wall Maria.

Though you didn't let the people ruin what is one of the most peaceful outings you had in your life.

As you two sat outside the restaurant, enjoying your lunch with the baby fast asleep in his stroller, you felt like this was a normal life for once. No threat of any titans outside the walls, the Wall can't even be seen in this part of the Interior.

"Are you not enjoying the food?" Levi asked and you realized you haven't touched your food for a while since you were just staring at him.

"No," you said, shaking your head and averting your gaze down as you smiled. "I just wanted to preserve this moment with my own eyes."

"You can stare at me as much as you like later, finish your food first."

"Alright, mom," you said jokingly and you noticed Levi stopped for a second. He looked like he was about to say something but the baby started to wake up and you leaned close to his stroller to check up on him. "Are you awake, Lucas? Alright, mama's here."

You took the baby from his stroller when he started to outstretch his arms towards you and you sat him on your lap and you held his bottle of milk. But before you can start feeding him, Levi spoke.

"Here, let me do it," he said and you looked up to see that he's already done eating. "Go finish your food."

You gave him Lucas and he started to feed the baby while you went back to eating your lunch. It didn't take long until you finished and Lucas did as well. You three left afterwards and while walking down the sidewalk, you saw a studio that makes and sells portraits and paintings as you stopped.

"What?" Levi asked before he looked at where you were looking.

"Let's get our family portrait done."

You and Levi already have a portrait together from the wedding. But you haven't had one with your son and you thought now is the perfect moment to do it, since you don't know when Levi would be back once he leaves again. Or how often he will spend time at home.

You tried not to think about it ahead, but you really couldn't help it. Now you started to feel somewhat lonely, and you don't want to ruin the otherwise good moment with that dejecting feeling so before it gets the better of you, you took Levi's hand and went to the shop as the owner greeted you with a smile.

He seems to be in his early sixties, he has a white beard and quite a big belly and he exudes a certain warmth and kindness which makes you smile back.

"My, what a lovely family," he said.

There were lots of portraits around the studio, there were also landscape paintings and they were of different sizes.