Chapter 34

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑻
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It didn't take long for you to find yourself in the dining hall. Just like how you remembered it, the dining hall is full of loud soldiers chattering like there's no tomorrow, it's always been noisy and lively like it was no different from a local pub.

That's why you asked Levi earlier if he's alright with going to the dining hall, you can have someone bring dinner in his quarters. But Levi said it's alright.

And when you got inside the hall, the loud chattering of soldiers was almost overpowered instantly by a very familiar voice yelling out your name.

"Y/n!" Hange yelled as she ran towards you, waving her hand. Her yell garnered a few stares from the soldiers but it didn't bother Hange at all. "Glad to see you around. What are you doing here anyways?"

"I just came to visit."

"Oh! Are you going to stay for the night?" she asked before her eyes visibly squinted suspiciously as you shook your head, not in a way of answering her question but in disapproval of such a knowing look she's throwing at you.

"Just for tonight," you said. "Levi right here caught a–"

"Let's go over there," Levi said, blatantly cutting you off from saying that he caught a cold. By the looks of it, Hange doesn't know that Levi was indisposed. If she does, it would have been the first thing she'd say.

You followed Levi to a table where Mike and the rest of the Squad Leaders sit. As you sat at the vacant seat and Hange sat beside you, you realized there was only one vacant seat left for Erwin who's still not around.

"Oh, is this your seat?" you asked Levi but when you looked at him he was over the other table, looking at the cadets with those intimidating eyes.

"Is this chair free?" he asked but his tone made the cadets visibly gulp as all they could do is nod their heads. You get the feeling that even if the chair isn't free, they wouldn't have said so, considering that Levi is giving them that look.

You let out a sigh as Levi came back to the table with the chair and sat beside you. And just as he did, the chattering in the hall almost instantly died down. You looked ahead and saw Erwin walking towards the table and you gave him a smile.

"I see you came to visit," he acknowledged as he sat down.

"I see you're well and healthy," you said in return.

"I see we're going to get dinner," Hange said, breaking the almost awkward atmosphere made by you and Erwin's greeting to each other.

She stood up with her plate, heading to where the bread and soup were being served as the other Squad Leaders followed. You looked at Erwin who's still sitting down.

"Aren't you going to get dinner?" you asked your brother before looking at your husband. "You too, get dinner. You need to eat."

"You sound like a mother. We're not your kids," Levi said and your look hardened.

"Well then stop acting like one and get your bread and soup."

"Y/n," Erwin started as you looked back at him. "It's alright. Go grab your dinner first."