Epilogue

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑫𝑬𝑻
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

═╝▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Five Years Later

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Let's meet again someday."

They promised, each one of them. But you knew promises are meant to be broken. Each day that passed into weeks turned into months and those months, before you knew it, had gone to years.

The threat beyond the Wall had invaded not only Wall Maria, but also the Trost District of Wall Rose. As the district closest to the breach of Wall Maria, Trost District was also invaded five years later. The danger was so imminent that many lives were lost that day, including the lives of aspiring soldiers.

You were in the residence when you heard about the grim news. It wasn't long before rumors about a titan shifter reached the Interior and opinions about the case were divided. There were those who wanted the boy dead, since his very existence is a threat to humanity. But there were also those who wanted the boy to be utilized as a weapon.

"And you, what's your stand, Erwin?" Levi asked, looking at Erwin who's been silent since arriving at the residence.

You put the tray down on the table, somehow it felt like this happened before, five years ago. This talk. This tension between your brother and your husband. Even as you walk away from them, you can still feel it. And then you heard Levi speak.

"Erwin," he called and for a moment Erwin's eyes seemed to focus again as he looked up.

"I'm going to..." he trailed off, gazing down at the tea to see his reflection. "... make a gamble."

"Like you've always done, huh?"

"That boy will be part of it, naturally," Erwin paused, taking a sip of the tea. He didn't know if it was the tea that was bitter or his words were the ones that left a bitter aftertaste in his mouth. "And you as well, Levi."

"What?" you suddenly asked and Erwin looked at you as you walked back to them. "What are you planning to gamble that you have to make a pawn out of my husband again?"

"Y/n," Levi called in a reprimanding tone but you have passed the point of staying silent now.

"You may be the Commander of the Survey Corps but you cannot just throw away your soldiers like sacrificial pawns in your gambits. That's horrible."